This section lists a few steps that may help you troubleshoot issues with Assist.
View debug information
- Go to Settings > Voice assistants.
- From the list of assistants, select your assistant.
- In the dialog, select Debug.
- At the top of the screen, from the dropdown menu, select the run you are interested in.
Test if the phrase works without voice
- Open the debug view.
- In the top right corner, select the icon.
- Select Run text pipeline.
- Enter the phrase you want to test and select Run.
- Check if it worked.
- If the phrase does not work, try a variant. For example, if Turn off the light doesn’t work, try: Turn off the lights in the kitchen.
- Check if your phrase is supported.
- Make sure you are using the name of the area as it is defined in Home Assistant. If you have a room called bathroom, the phrase Turning on the lights in the bath won’t work.
I do not see any assistant
If under Settings > Voice assistants you do not see any assistants, you are not using the default configuration. The image below shows the Assist section.
If the Assist section is missing entirely, you need to add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry assist_pipeline: