This section provides tasks that do not depend on a specific Home Assistant installation type or a specific integration. They may be referenced in other procedures.
Some entities are disabled by default. To enable them, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Devices & Services and select the integration of interest.
- Select entities.
- From the list of entities, select the entity you want to enable.
- In the pop-up, select the cogwheel.
- Toggle the Enabled button.
- To save the changes, select Update.
If you want to define a specific interval at which your device is being polled for data, you can disable the default polling interval and create your own polling service.
Go to Settings > Devices & Services, and select your integration.
On the integration entry, select the three dots.
- Then, select System options and toggle the button to disable polling.
To define your custom polling interval, create an automation.
Go to Settings > Automations & Scenes and create a new automation.
Define any trigger and condition you like.
Under action, select Call service and use the
Example in YAML.
automation: - alias: "Only update weather information every 20 minutes when I'm home" trigger: - platform: time_pattern minutes: "/20" condition: - condition: state entity_id: device_tracker.cynthia state: home action: - service: homeassistant.update_entity target: entity_id: weather.home
Save your new automation to poll for data.