Slugify changed, which can impact entity ID creation if the entities had names with either a
- or characters outside of A-Z and the integration has no unique IDs. We now better handle the characters and substitute it with an alternative instead of removing that character.
Read this breaking change warning? 👆 Good. Let’s get started. This is the first release of 2019 and it covers a whopping 4 weeks, as we skipped the last release of the year to focus on friends and family. This is going to be a great year and we’re planning a lot of cool stuff. If you haven’t seen it yet, check the State of the Union to see what we have planned.
We’ve been so good at taking a break, that we pushed Lovelace as the default UI to 86 to make sure it’s super polished. We expect just bug fixes between 85 and 86, so feel free to check it out!
We’re also busy churning through the backlog of open PRs for Home Assistant (170 as of now), if you did a contribution over the past 4 weeks, we’ll get to it soon.
During the break we’ve launched the Home Assistant Data Science Portal. It explains all the data that Home Assistant stores and how you can get a data science environment going to explore it yourself.
This release also features native support for ESPHome, a system for managing ESP8266 and ESP32 microchips with a YAML config inspired by Home Assistant. The native API replaces MQTT for ESPHome firmwares and is designed specifically for Home Assistant and absolute efficiency. 🏎 It also comes with a Hass.io add-on to make configuration even easier.
- Add NMBS (Belgian railway) sensor platform (@thibmaek - #18610) (sensor.nmbs docs) (new-platform)
- Add air pollutants component (@fabaff - #18707) (air_pollutants docs) (demo docs) (new-platform)
- Adding support for Plum Lightpad (@ColinHarrington - #16576) (plum_lightpad docs) (binary_sensor.plum_lightpad docs) (light.plum_lightpad docs) (sensor.plum_lightpad docs) (new-platform)
- Add Ambient Weather PWS Sensor component (@tmd224 - #18551) (sensor.ambient_station docs) (new-platform)
- Add Brottsplatskartan sensor (@chrillux - #19018) (sensor.brottsplatskartan docs) (new-platform)
- Add native ESPHome API component (@OttoWinter - #19334) (new-platform)
- Add GTT Sensor (@eliseomartelli - #18449) (sensor.gtt docs) (new-platform)
- Add openSenseMap air pollutants platform (@fabaff - #19357) (air_pollutants docs) (new-platform)
- Add Prezzibenzina (Italian Fuel Price) Sensor (@eliseomartelli - #19297) (sensor.prezzibenzina docs) (new-platform)
- Add sensor platform for SolarEdge Monitoring API (@GidoHakvoort - #18846) (sensor.solaredge docs) (new-platform)
- Add Mythic Beasts DNSAPI Component (@thinkl33t - #18333) (mythicbeastsdns docs) (new-platform)
- Add new sensor platform to expose Islamic prayer times (@uchagani - #19444) (sensor.islamic_prayer_times docs) (new-platform)
- Add Lutron Homeworks component (@dubnom - #18311) (homeworks docs) (binary_sensor.homeworks docs) (light.homeworks docs) (new-platform)
- Improve Lutron RadioRA2 support, adding switches and scenes (@cdheiser - #18330) (lutron docs) (scene.lutron docs) (switch.lutron docs) (new-platform)
- Pencom (@dubnom - #19369) (switch.pencom docs) (new-platform)
- Add AfterShip sensor for packages (@maxandersen - #18034) (sensor.aftership docs) (new-platform)
- Add Freebox component with sensors and device tracker (@SNoof85 - #18472) (device_tracker docs) (freebox docs) (sensor.freebox docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- LCN component and light platform (@alengwenus - #18621) (lcn docs) (light.lcn docs) (new-platform)
- Add RaspyRFM switch platform (@markusressel - #19130) (switch.raspyrfm docs) (new-platform)
- Add IDTECK proximity card component (@dubnom - #18309) (idteck_prox docs) (new-platform)
- Add ness alarm control panel using nessclient (@nickw444 - #18463) (ness_alarm docs) (alarm_control_panel.ness_alarm docs) (binary_sensor.ness_alarm docs) (new-platform)
- check config instead of config_entry for quirks flag (@dmulcahey - #19730) (zha docs)
- Don’t map LevelControl to light for single cluster devices. (@Adminiuga - #19929) (zha docs)
- Fix entity_id: all warning (@balloob - #19946)
- Lovelace: Fix resources being dropped in inline editor
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →