It’s release day! Today we’re happy to release Home Assistant 0.83. If you might have noticed, this is using our new release schedule which evolves around releases on Wednesdays instead of Fridays (this one is one day late). It’s the same 2-week release schedule as before, except that it has moved 5 days later.
So what’s new? A LOT. First, a contributor milestone. This release the backend has 99 contributors. That means that in the last 2,5 weeks since the last release, 99 people have written code that is now part of Home Assistant. The frontend has another 15 contributors. It’s amazing to see how as a community we can rally around building the best piece of home automation software out there and get it done.
I want to give a shout out to @MartinHjelmare who is doing an amazing job going through PRs and helping out where possible. Good job! ✨
Alright, time for some highlights. First is that thanks to @pbalogh77, Fibaro Home Center hubs are now supported. If you had already invested in a Z-Wave network with Fibaro, you can now seamlessly integrate that into Home Assistant and combine it with all the other intgrations out there.
The second cool thing is that Google Assistant now supports locks. Locking is enabled by default, but if you want to support unlocking, you will need to go to the Home Assistant Cloud settings to enable unlocking, or, if you’re using the manual config, add
allow_unlock: true to your config.
See what entities are exposed to Google and enable unlocking of locks.
The frontend team hasn’t sit still either. The extended release notes are here but the main highlight is the new shopping list card. @iantrich took the shopping list panel and shrunk it to the size of a Lovelace card.
Oh and if you’re into GPS tracking: OwnTracks is a lot easier to get started with in this release. But if you really like all the data in the world: @ludeeus has added support for Traccar, including accompanying Hass.io add-on by @frenck.
Note, this release includes a migration to add an index to speed up the logbook queries. It might take a bit on first boot, please be patient.
- Add Tautulli sensor platform (@ludeeus - #17835) (sensor.tautulli docs) (new-platform)
- Implemented tplink_lte components and notify service via SMS (@andtos90 - #17111) (notify docs) (tplink_lte docs) (new-platform)
- Add Traccar device tracker (@ludeeus - #18200) (device_tracker docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for Google Home device tracking (@ludeeus - #18190) (device_tracker docs) (new-platform)
- Add Norwegian Public Transportation sensor (Ruter). (@ludeeus - #18237) (sensor.ruter docs) (new-platform)
- Split out geofency with a component and platform. The geofency device_tracker platform no longer takes any configuration. The configuration needs to be applied to the component geofency instead. The platform will be automatically loaded with the component. (@rohankapoorcom - #17933) (device_tracker docs) (geofency docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Add support for Lupusec alarm control panel (@majuss - #17691) (lupusec docs) (alarm_control_panel.lupusec docs) (binary_sensor.lupusec docs) (switch.lupusec docs) (new-platform)
- Add upload and download sensors and component for asuswrt (@kennedyshead - #17757) (asuswrt docs) (device_tracker docs) (sensor.asuswrt docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Add support for 17track.net package sensors (@bachya - #18038) (sensor.seventeentrack docs) (new-platform)
- Add new launch sensor to keep track of space launches. (@ludeeus - #18274) (sensor.launch_library docs) (new-platform)
- W800rf32 (@horga83 - #17920) (w800rf32 docs) (binary_sensor.w800rf32 docs) (new-platform)
- Srpenergy (@briglx - #18036) (sensor.srp_energy docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for sensors from Flu Near You (@bachya - #18136) (sensor.flunearyou docs) (new-platform)
- Add niko-home-control support (@legovaer - #18019) (light.niko_home_control docs) (new-platform)
- Readded climate.velbus (@Cereal2nd - #18434) (velbus docs) (climate.velbus docs) (new-platform)
- Support for Fibaro HomeCenter hubs (@pbalogh77 - #17891 - #18487) (fibaro docs) (binary_sensor.fibaro docs) (new-platform)
- Support for Point component (@fredrike - #17466) (point docs) (binary_sensor.point docs) (sensor.point docs) (new-platform)
- Adds light switch platform (@frenck - #18562) (light.switch docs) (new-platform)
- Add cloud pref for Google unlock (@balloob - #18600) (cloud docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for Panasonic Blu-Ray players (@u1f35c - #18541) (media_player.panasonic_bluray docs) (new-platform)
- Add websocket call for adding item to shopping-list (@iantrich - #18623) (shopping_list docs)
- Convert shopping-list update to WebSockets (@iantrich - #18713) (shopping_list docs)
- Legacy api fix (@balloob - #18733) (http docs)
- Fix logbook domain filter - alexa, homekit (@cdce8p - #18790) (logbook docs)
- Make auth backwards compat again (@balloob - #18792)
- Render the secret (@balloob - #18793) (owntracks docs)
- Fix race condition in group.set (@balloob - #18796) (group docs)
- BUGFIX: handle extra fan speeds. (@marchingphoenix - #18799) (google_assistant docs)
- Bumped py17track to 2.1.0 (@bachya - #18804) (sensor.seventeentrack docs)
- Remove self from update function in rainmachine (@Danielhiversen - #18807) (binary_sensor.rainmachine docs)
- Remove additional self from update function in RainMachine (@bachya - #18810) (sensor.rainmachine docs)
- Hotfix for crash with virtual devices (@pbalogh77 - #18808) (fibaro docs)
- Use proper signals (@balloob - #18613) (emulated_hue docs) (http docs)
- Revert change to MQTT discovery_hash introduced in #18169 (@emontnemery - #18763) (mqtt docs)
- bump gtts-token to 1.1.3 (@stonith - #18824) (tts docs)
- Always set hass_user (@balloob - #18844) (http docs)
- Hotfix for Fibaro wall plug (@pbalogh77 - #18845) (light.fibaro docs)
We had an issue where users that are still using the legacy auth for API access but not for UI access could end up with a legacy auth user without any permissions. If you run into this issue, we suggest to upgrade your scripts to use long lived access tokens, which offer the exact same functionality. Alternative is that you manually upgrade the legacy API user to be part of the admin group using these instructions.
- bugfix: ensure the
allow_unlock(@ahayworth - #18874) (google_assistant docs)
- Use capability of sensor if present to fix multisensor Wink devices (@w1ll1am23 - #18907) (wink docs)
- Add users added via credentials to admin group too (@balloob - #18922)
- fix aioasuswrt sometimes return empty lists (@kennedyshead - #18742) (sensor.asuswrt docs)
- bump aioasuswrt version (@kennedyshead - #18955) (asuswrt docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →