If you are using Home Assistant in kiosk mode, for example if you have a tablet mounted on the wall, the Assist icon in the top right corner is not accessible. In this case, use a dashboard button to start Assist.
- On your dashboard, select Add card and select the Button card.
- Clear the Entity field and give the card a name, such as Assist - listen.
- Select an icon, such as
- From the Action dropdown menu, select Assist.
- From the Assist dropdown menu, select the assistant you want to use, for example Home Assistant Cloud.
- You can use any assistant you have previously set up.
- If you have assistants in different languages, you can add a button for each of these languages.
- If you are using Assist with your voice, enable Start listening.
- If you don’t want to use voice but just want to type, you do not need to enable listening.
- Save your new button card.