To use wake words, you need to install the openWakeWord add-on.
- Home Assistant version 2023.10 or later, installed with the Home Assistant Operating System
- Go to Settings > Add-ons > openWakeWord and select Install.
- Start the add-on.
- Go to Settings > Devices & Services.
- Under Discovered, you should now see the Wyoming integration.
- Select Configure and Submit.
- Result: You have successfully installed the openWakeWord add-on and Wyoming integration.
- Under Settings > Voice assistants, when you select a voice assistant, in the Wake word section, you should now see the wake word options that are available out of the box.
- If you do not like the available options, you can create your own wake word.