Almost a 100 contributors to this release 🎉 That’s what you get when you skip a release. It’s a little late but “Happy New Year” and welcome to 0.61 the first release 2018.
This release contain some breaking changes. Please make sure that you check the section below if you are running into trouble.
We made a mistake in the foundation of both the Google Assistant and Alexa integrations: they were storing their config inside customize. This is not the right place and we moved them to be under the components itself. See the breaking changes section on how to migrate.
@pvizeli has made it easier to create and restore snapshots for Hass.io by calling the new services. This way it will be easy to automate the creation of a snapshot at night. The updater has also been fixed and will now report on new versions of Hass.io that are available.
@amelchio has made startup of Home Assistant even faster. All service descriptions are now loaded only when needed by the frontend instead of during startup. This did mean that we had to enforce our service convention. We found a few platforms that didn’t follow this and they have been updated:
todoist.new_task -> calendar.todoist_new_task snapcast.snapcast_snapshot -> media_player.snapcast_snapshot snapcast.snapcast_restore -> media_player.snapcast_restore mopar.remote_command -> sensor.mopar_remote_command broadlink.learn_command_192_168_0_107 -> switch.broadlink_learn_command_192_168_0_107 broadlink.send_packet_192_168_0_107 -> switch.broadlink_send_packet_192_168_0_107
- Add Discogs Sensor platform (@thibmaek - #10957) (sensor.discogs docs) (new-platform)
- Greenwave Reality (TCP Connected) Lighting Component (@dfiel - #11282) (light.greenwave docs) (new-platform)
- Added rainsensor (@jbarrancos - #11023) (rainbird docs) (sensor.rainbird docs) (switch.rainbird docs) (new-platform)
- Sochain cryptocurrency sensor (@Klathmon - #11335) (sensor.sochain docs) (new-platform)
- Support for EcoNet water heaters (@w1ll1am23 - #11260) (climate.econet docs) (new-platform)
- Add deCONZ component (@Kane610 - #10321) (deconz docs) (binary_sensor.deconz docs) (light.deconz docs) (sensor.deconz docs) (new-platform)
- Added new climate component from Daikin (@rofrantz - #10983) (climate.daikin docs) (new-platform)
- Add Touchline climate platform (@abondoe - #10547) (climate.touchline docs) (new-platform)
- Add new iGlo component (@jesserockz - #11171) (light.iglo docs) (new-platform)
- Add Dark Sky weather component (@DanNixon - #11435) (weather.darksky docs) (new-platform)
- Coinbase.com sensor platform (@nkgilley - #11036) (coinbase docs) (sensor.coinbase docs) (new-platform)
- Fix zha color probe (@rcloran - #11670) (zha docs) (light.zha docs)
- Move several local services to their right domain (@amelchio - #11677) (calendar.todoist docs) (media_player.snapcast docs) (media_player.soundtouch docs) (sensor.mopar docs) (switch.broadlink docs) (switch.scsgate docs) (breaking change)
- Rfxtrx fix (@danielhiversen - #11678) (rfxtrx docs) (binary_sensor.rfxtrx docs)
- History order bugfix and opt-in option (@rwa - #11686) (history docs)
- Fix purge with MariaDB / MySQL (@tinloaf - #11713)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →