October 12, 2018. 12 days into Hacktoberfest and it’s been busier than ever on the repositories. On the main repo, 43 open, 104 closed. How the documentation team is still alive, I don’t know: 26 open, 234 closed. If you’ve opened a contribution that is pending a response, that’s probably because we’re busy elsewhere or are taking some well deserved rest.
Alright, new release, we got some cool stuff! Let’s start with our Lovelace UI. We have integrated into Lovelace UI some of the custom cards that our amazing community have built, making them easily accessible to all users. The cards are Gauge and Sensor:
Next up is a new way to get data into Home Assistant: webhooks. With the introduction of auth and with the introduction of long-lived access tokens, we realized that it’s still annoying to have to give full HA access to an app just to get a piece of information in Home Assistant. So with webhooks we can generate unique URLs that are inprobable to guess, and data delivered to the webhook will only go to the designated automation or component. This feature is available for component developers to integrate, or for users via the new automation webhook trigger.
Configuring IFTTT via th integrations panel.
On the devices side, we got basic support for the new IKEA TRÅDFRI switches, Honeywell evohome controllers (EU-based) and if you want to control your pool, you can now do that with the new AquaLogic integration.
- GitLab-CI sensor integration addition. (@DanielWinks - #16561) (sensor.gitlab_ci docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for Opple light (@jedmeng - #16765) (light.opple docs) (new-platform)
- Add (EU-based) Honeywell evohome CH/DHW controller (@zxdavb - #16427) (evohome docs) (climate.evohome docs) (climate.honeywell docs) (new-platform)
- Add webhook + IFTTT example (@balloob - #16817) (ifttt docs) (webhook docs) (new-platform)
- Add basic support for Tradfri switches (@ggravlingen - #17007) (tradfri docs) (switch.tradfri docs) (new-platform)
- Add AquaLogic component (@swilson - #16763) (aqualogic docs) (sensor.aqualogic docs) (switch.aqualogic docs) (new-platform)
- Overhaul of Blink platform (@fronzbot - #16942) (blink docs) (alarm_control_panel.blink docs) (binary_sensor.blink docs) (camera.blink docs) (sensor.blink docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Tibber component and notify (@Danielhiversen - #17062) (notify docs) (tibber docs) (sensor.tibber docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Add new component fritzbox binary_sensor (@hthiery - #17057) (fritzbox docs) (binary_sensor.fritzbox docs) (new-platform)
- Add a webhook automation trigger (@balloob - #17246) (automation.webhook docs) (beta fix) (new-platform)
- Fix automation editor (@armills)
- Fix arm/disarm calls. (@mbrrg - #17381) (alarm_control_panel.spc docs)
- Fix hangout.send_message requiring data key (@quazzie - #17393) (hangouts docs)
- Bugfix eventstream with EOF on end (@pvizeli - #17465) (api docs)
- Fix websocket API (@balloob - #17471) (websocket_api docs)
- Lovelace: Fix glance icon not updating
- Fix: Connection pool of Request object is smaller than optimal value (8) (@Anonym-tsk - #17483) (telegram_bot docs)
- Blink update - fixes #17316 (@fronzbot - #17538) (blink docs) (alarm_control_panel.blink docs) (binary_sensor.blink docs) (camera.blink docs) (sensor.blink docs)
- Home Assistant Cloud: Add another 3 days leeway to give time for payment processing times (@balloob - #17542) (cloud docs)
- Update hangups to 0.4.6 and fix Issue #16593 hangouts reconnects. (@hobbypunk90 - #17518) (hangouts docs)
- Update to async-upnp-client==0.12.5 (@StevenLooman - #17401) (upnp docs) (media_player.dlna_dmr docs)
- Upgrade async_upnp_client to 0.12.6 (@StevenLooman - #17560) (upnp docs) (media_player.dlna_dmr docs)
- Update snapcast to 2.0.9 (@balloob - #17573) (media_player.snapcast docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →