It is almost the end of Hacktoberfest, and boy, it was a good one. We had a total of 1318 PRs merged in the last month. And most of them are in this release!
We had: 154 authors on home-assistant 184 authors on home-assistant.io 30 authors on home-assistant-polymer
A lot of thanks to all the contributors!
It is no longer possible to make authenticated requests using trusted networks or by appending
?api_password=X to the URL. You will now first need to get an authentication token and use that token to make requests.
These features were deprecated in Home Assistant 0.90 and 0.91 (released around April 2019). It was initially planned to be dropped in Home Assistant 0.96 (released July 17, 2019).
The support of configuring the auth providers for API Password and Trusted Networks via the HTTP configuration is also removed. It now needs to be configured in the auth provider section (docs).
Direct authentication meant that you could make an authenticated request without a bearer token by making the request from a trusted network or appending
?api_password=X to the URL.
These features are still available as authentication providers (docs).
You can use Long-Lived Access Tokens that can be created in the fronted on your profile page. These tokens will not expire and can be added in the header of the request. See the developer documentation for more info.
Screenshot of the Long-Lived Access Tokens interface in the profile page.
Or you can use a webhook-based-integration. A webhook is a unique hard to guess URL that can be used to send data to Home Assistant. Requests made to webhooks do not need authentication. Your webhook should be available from the internet, if you have a cloud subscription, the cloud will take care if this. You can find the cloud webhook URLs on your cloud configuration page.
As you may have already read, we’ll be sunsetting Hassbian.
Hassbian was a superset of Raspbian optimized for Home Assistant. With limited time from the developers and easier alternatives as Hass.io it is time to sunset Hassbian.
For more info, read the blogpost
This release includes improved support for alarms, covers, locks and sensors. A “for” option was added in release 0.100 which allows you to specify triggers for when a certain device has been in a certain state for a period of time, in this release we added support for it in the automation editor.
Screenshot of a device trigger with duration.
A lot has happened on the frontend; we had a ton of Hacktoberfest PRs that added localization to the frontend and made our user experience better. A special shout out to @springstan who did a lot of localization work, we now have the biggest part of our UI translatable!
Thanks a lot to all the contributors!
We now have our own confirmation dialogs thanks to @timmo001! No more ugly browser modals.
Screenshot of a confirm dialog when restarting Home Assistant.
In the last release, we changed all the JSON inputs to YAML inputs, this release we add a code editor to all the YAML and Jinja2 inputs. This makes it a lot easier to read and write YAML.
Screenshot of the service dev tools with YAML editor.
The entity registry is now also migrated to a datatable so you can easily search and sort your entities so it is easier to find the one you are looking for.
Screenshot of the entity registry data table.
We improved the device picker in automations, you can now search them and see in what area the device is.
Screenshot of the device picker.
mdonoughe added support the activate scene action in the automation editor.
Check the Lovelace changelog for all changes.
Proud to announce that the Visual Studio Code add-on for @home_assistant reached v1.0.0! 🎉— Franck Nijhof (@Frenck) October 26, 2019
This version ships the second generation code-server, VSCode 1.39, HA extension 1.3, updates MDI ext and adds a rainbow indent function ❤️
Oh, and it is FAST 🚀 pic.twitter.com/eBe8CirZ4B
🎉Restriction Card for @home_assistant released 🎉— Ian Richardson (@iantrich) October 17, 2019
Client-side security for your Lovelace cards
* Options to hide/block/lock/password-protect/confirm interactions with cards
* Set conditions for when to apply
* Set exemptions based on usershttps://t.co/psiVBf9U7N
- Add Airly integration (@bieniu - #26375) (airly docs) (new-integration)
- Add Apprise notification integration (@caronc - #26868) (apprise docs) (new-integration)
- New sensor platform integration for Orange and Rockland Utility smart energy meter (@bvlaicu - #27571) (oru docs) (new-integration)
- Add sinch integration (notify component) (@bendikrb - #26502) (sinch docs) (new-integration)
- Add Solar-Log platform ([@Ernst79] - #27036) (solarlog docs) (new-integration)
- New platform for Microsoft Teams (@peroyvind - #27981) (msteams docs) (new-integration)
- UniFi - Bandwidth sensors ([@Kane610] - #27229) (unifi docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Neato battery sensor (@dshokouhi - #27286) (neato docs) (new-platform)
- Add sensor platform to Airly integration (@bieniu - #27717) (airly docs) (new-platform)
- Move imports in mqtt component (@exxamalte - #27835) (mqtt docs) (new-platform)
- Bump songpal to fix a regression (@rytilahti - #28115) (songpal docs)
- Bump pymyq to 2.0.1 (@bachya - #28348) (myq docs)
- Bump pysaj to v0.0.13 (fix for sensor date) (@fredericvl - #28351) (saj docs)
- Bump env_canada to fixed 0.0.29 version (@shmick - #28360) (environment_canada docs)
- Fix Airly asyncio timeout error (@bieniu - #28387) (airly docs)
- Fix hdate spamming homeassistant log (@tsvi - #28392) (jewish_calendar docs)
- Fix check config (@balloob - #28393)
- Check for import errors before validating config (@balloob - #28395)
- Prevent TypeError when KNX RGB(W) light value contains None (@phispi - #28358) (knx docs)
- Change Abode cache file path, add cache path to config flow (@MisterWil - #28389) (abode docs)
- SNMP switch fix integer support (@rfpronk - #28425) (snmp docs)
- Use server-specific unique_ids for Plex media_players (@jjlawren - #28447) (plex docs)
- Also install after_deps (@balloob - #28453)
- Fix missing import (@timmccor - #28460) (sonos docs)
- Fix Airly if more than one config entry (@bieniu - #28498) (airly docs)
- Add deprecated attributes to light.reproduce_state (@Santobert - #28557) (light docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →