By default, Home Assistant will try to detect your location from IP address geolocation. Home Assistant will automatically select a temperature unit and time zone based on this location. You can overwrite this by adding the following information to your
homeassistant: latitude: 32.87336 longitude: 117.22743 elevation: 430 unit_system: metric time_zone: America/Los_Angeles name: Home whitelist_external_dirs: - /usr/var/dumping-ground - /tmp
- latitude (Optional): Latitude of your location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets.
- longitude (Optional): Longitude of your location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets.
- elevation (Optional): Altitude above sea level in meters. Impacts weather/sunrise data.
- time_zone (Optional): Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
- name (Optional): Name of the location where Home Assistant is running.
- customize (Optional): Customize entities.
- customize_domain (Optional): Customize all entities in a domain.
- customize_glob (Optional): Customize entities matching a pattern.
- whitelist_external_dirs (Optional): List of folders that can be used as sources for sending files.