It’s time for another great release. As this includes the tail-end of HacktoberFest, it’s packed again with stuff. Hope you like stuff.
I want to do a shout out to all the people who help with the documentation. Since the beginning of HacktoberFest, we’ve seen 953 PRs get merged, 953! Especially thanks to @klaasnicolaas who has converted 240 pages to the new configuration format. DAAAAANG.
We also got some cool new features. The first one being that you can now use TensorFlow, a machine learning framework, to detect objects on your cameras thanks to the hard work by @hunterjm. Check out the docs for more info.
Next up is that @rohankapoorcom has been working hard on converting more integrations to the Webhook format. This allows for easy setting up via the UI and generates difficult to guess urls. This release includes Mailgun, Twilio and DialogFlow.
The frontend team has been BUSY. We’re prepping Lovelace for general release and slowly all pieces are coming together. This release introduces an experimental, alpha, ultra-raw, (enough warnings already?) UI editor for Lovelace cards. It requires that your card has an ID but then, it just works. Including a live preview of the config you’re editing.
Screenshot of editing a Lovelace card.
Also frontend related, in version 0.81 we removed all config splitting functions for ui-lovelace.yaml, we are happy to report that we managed to add back support for
!include. The rest of the config splitting commands you are used to in
configuration.yaml will not be available for Lovelace. Mind that you can not edit content in
!include from the UI, and
!secret cannot be used in the UI or preview at the moment.
And we have one more thing… we have soft-forked Open Z-Wave and have added support for the barrier command class! This means that now you will be able to control your garage doors from Z-Wave without compiling Open Z-Wave yourself. We’ll continue to monitor what other features we can add to our fork while remaining close to the OZW project.
- Add device tracking for the BT Smart Hub router (@jxwolstenholme - #17158) (device_tracker docs) (new-platform)
- Météo-france sensor : current weather and 1 hour rain forecast (@victorcerutti - #17773) (sensor.meteo_france docs) (new-platform)
- Support for WeMo Humidifier (@sqldiablo - #17996) (wemo docs) (fan.wemo docs) (new-platform)
- Add a component for GreenEye Monitor (@jkeljo - #16378) (greeneye_monitor docs) (new-platform)
- TensorFlow image_processing component (@hunterjm - #17795) (image_processing.tensorflow docs) (new-platform)
- catch key error when saving image (@hunterjm - #18365) (image_processing.tensorflow docs)
- Fix hangouts notify (@MartinHjelmare - #18372) (notify docs)
- Fix including from sub dir (@bramkragten - #18378)
- Fix default value for optional Sense configuration parameter (@claytonjn - #18379) (sense docs)
- cancel off_delay action (@dgomes - #18389) (binary_sensor.mqtt docs)
- Changed checking of cover state closed from 0 to closed_position variable. (@pszafer - #18407) (cover.mqtt docs)
- updated pydaikin version (@fredrike - #18413) (daikin docs) (climate.daikin docs)
- edp_redy: increase UPDATE_INTERVAL (@abmantis - #18429)
- Update pyozw to 0.1.1 (@pvizeli - #18436) (zwave docs)
- Fix AsusWRT (@kennedyshead - #18400)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →