I am super excited about this release as it brings some great examples of how we are refining the system to become more customizable and, at the same time, user friendly. The first thing that I am really excited about is a new experimental user interface that we call Lovelace. Check this awesome rundown of all the features by @ciotlosm. The TL;DR: a faster, more customizable and more extensible UI with the same look and feel as the old one.
Be aware, this is experimental, so things will change. However, we felt like we didn’t want to keep this away from you any longer. Check the Lovelace UI docs on how to get started. Make sure to share your creations!
Thanks to all the people that have been hanging out in the #beta channel on Discord helping development, finding and squashing bugs and making suggestions. Especially thanks to @c727 for all his development work and @arsaboo for being the first guinea pig.
Example user interface created using Lovelace ([source](https://gist.github.com/ciotlosm/9508388876edf92c4c1f3579e740fbd5#file-ui-lovelace-yaml))
Another change is that Nest, Sonos and Cast will now have to be configured using a config entry. Config entries can be created via the integrations page in the config panel. This is a concept that we have been developing for a couple of months now and it’s our goal to eventually use this as the way to configure all components.
Screenshot of the Nest config entry.
And as if this releases even needs more cool stuff, the Insteon integration now supports X10 thanks to @teharris1. It was a frequent requested feature from the Insteon community.
And finally, we’ll be extending the open beta for Home Assistant Cloud until the first of September.
Enjoy this release and have a good weekend all!
- Weather Platform - IPMA (@dgomes - #14716) (weather.ipma docs) (new-platform)
- Add Freebox device tracker (@stilllman - #12727) (device_tracker.freebox docs) (new-platform)
- Add IBM Watson IoT Platform component (@mtreinish - #13664) (watson_iot docs) (new-platform)
- Wireless tags platform (@sergeymaysak - #13495) (wirelesstag docs) (binary_sensor.wirelesstag docs) (sensor.wirelesstag docs) (switch.wirelesstag docs) (new-platform)
- Add netgear_lte component (@amelchio - #14687) (netgear_lte docs) (notify docs) (sensor.netgear_lte docs) (new-platform)
- Add Uptime Robot sensor (@ludeeus - #14631) (binary_sensor.uptimerobot docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for the Unitymedia Horizon HD Recorder (@benleb - #14275) (media_player.horizon docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for KIWI Door Locks (@c7h - #14485) (lock.kiwi docs) (new-platform)
- Epson projector support (@pszafer - #14841) (media_player.epson docs) (new-platform)
- Add sensor.nsw_fuel_station component (@nickw444 - #14757) (sensor.nsw_fuel_station docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for ZhongHong HVAC Controllers (@crhan - #14552) (climate.zhong_hong docs) (new-platform)
- Xiaomi Cameras - multiple models (@vaidyasr - #14244) (camera.xiaomi docs) (new-platform)
- Prevent Nest component setup crash due insufficient permission. (@awarecan - #14966) (nest docs)
- Fix socket bug with Yi in 0.72 (@bachya - #15109) (camera.yi docs)
- Skip nest security state sensor if no Nest Cam exists (@awarecan - #15112) (sensor.nest docs)
- Fix cast config (@balloob - #15143) (media_player.cast docs)
- Bump python-nest to 4.0.3 (@awarecan - #15098) (nest docs) (sensor.nest docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →