It’s time for release 0.70. It’s a little later than expected because of a major overhaul of how our frontend is build. It should not have any impact on how the frontend looks or behaves. Thanks to all the people running the beta who helped test this. Right now it looks like Firefox is still having some issues running the Hass.io panel. We’re working on releasing a fix for that soon.
If you’re using custom UI or Panels, some changes have been made. Make sure you run the latest version. More info on our developer blog.
Talking about our developer blog, this is a new blog with accompanying Twitter account. This is part of our ongoing effort of splitting content and interaction for users and developers of Home Assistant.
Another cool one this release is Facebox. It will allow you to do local face detection on your camera feeds. Can’t wait to hear the cool things people will do with this.
- Converted SABnzbd to a component (@jeradM - #12915) (sabnzbd docs) (sensor.sabnzbd docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Add more homematicip cloud components (@mxworm - #14084) (homematicip_cloud docs) (binary_sensor.homematicip_cloud docs) (light.homematicip_cloud docs) (switch.homematicip_cloud docs) (new-platform)
- Adds facebox (@robmarkcole - #14356) (image_processing.facebox docs) (new-platform)
- Add SpaceAPI support (@fabaff - #14204) (spaceapi docs) (new-platform)
- Samsung Family hub camera component (@Klathmon - #14458) (camera.familyhub docs) (new-platform)
- Add Konnected component with support for discovery, binary sensor and switch (@heythisisnate - #13670) (konnected docs) (binary_sensor.konnected docs) (switch.konnected docs) (new-platform)
- New Sensor FinTS (@ChristianKuehnel - #14334) (sensor.fints docs) (new-platform)
- Allow HomeKit name to be customized (@schmittx - #14159) (homekit docs) (new-feature)
- Add HomeKit support for fans (@schmittx - #14351) (homekit docs) (new-feature)
- Update Hue platform to aiohue 1.5.0, and re-implement logic for duplicate scene names. (@MizterB - #14653) (hue docs)
- Ignore unsupported Sonos favorite lists (@amelchio - #14665) (media_player.sonos docs)
- MQTT Cover Fix Assumed State (@OttoWinter - #14672) (cover.mqtt docs)
- Fix Eco mode display on Nest (@ciotlosm - #14706) (climate.nest docs)
- Frontend: bug fixes for date time more info, cover icons, slider overflow issue (@c727, @cdce8p, @balloob)
- Add Simplepush back (#14728)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →