And just like that, it’s August. Time is flying by. People all over the world have been busy to create this release for you. This release again a ton of cool new stuff.
First, let’s talk entity IDs. Entity IDs are how we identify entities in automations and scripts. They start with the domain and end with an object id, for example:
light.kitchen. Or, if you’re unlucky
light.node_2_2_abc. With this release, it will now be possible to manage entity IDs of entities via the UI! Just as with changing the name, it requires that the integration is able to supply a unique ID for each entity.
Screenshot of the new user interface to change entity IDs.
- Add Tuya climate platform (@huangyupeng - #15500) (tuya docs) (climate.tuya docs) (new-platform)
- Add Tuya fan support (@huangyupeng - #15525) (tuya docs) (fan.tuya docs) (new-platform)
- Add Tuya cover and scene platform (@huangyupeng - #15587) (tuya docs) (cover.tuya docs) (scene.tuya docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for Tahoma Smoke Sensor (@fucm - #15441) (tahoma docs) (binary_sensor.tahoma docs) (new-platform)
- Add Brunt Cover Device (@eavanvalkenburg - #15653) (cover.brunt docs) (new-platform)
- Add spider thermostat (@peternijssen - #15499) (climate.spider docs) (new-platform)
- Add spider power plug component (@peternijssen - #15682) (spider docs) (switch.spider docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for P5 FutureNow light platform (@juhaniemi - #15662) (light.futurenow docs) (new-platform)
- Add Magicseaweed API support (@jcconnell - #15132) (sensor.magicseaweed docs) (new-platform)
- Add a component for Sisyphus Kinetic Art Tables (@jkeljo - #14472) (sisyphus docs) (light.sisyphus docs) (media_player.sisyphus docs) (new-platform)
- Add Genie Aladdin Connect cover component (@shoejosh - #15699) (cover.aladdin_connect docs) (new-platform)
- Upgrade Adafruit-DHT to 1.3.3 (@superpuffin - #15706) (sensor.dht docs)
- Fix rfxtrx device id matching (@Danielhiversen - #15819) (rfxtrx docs)
- Fix custom panel and Hass.io panel (@balloob)
- Upgrade voluptuous to 0.11.5 (@fabaff - #15830)
- Fix envisalink reconnect (@Cinntax - #15832) (envisalink docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →