It’s time for release 0.89. It’s another great new release with some cool new features, bug fixes and improvements. The first cool new feature is that yet another car is integrated into Home Assistant: the Nissan Leaf. Both deConz and SmartThings integrations keep expanding to cover more devices.
This release introduces a new mobile app component. @robbiet480, who also works on the iOS app, has taken the best parts of the Home Assistant iOS app component and turned it into a standardized API that any mobile app can build upon. This will allow any mobile apps to integrate with Home Assistant with a great user experience. If you are a mobile app developer, please check the updated app integration docs. We will be fine tuning the API in upcoming releases. Feedback is welcome.
Custom Components file structure change: A significant change in how the “under the hood” of Home Assistant works has led to forcing platforms to be resolved based off the component path, if it exists.
Today, if you want, you can override the Hue light platform, but not the other parts of the Hue integration. If a future update evolves the Hue component, removing or changing internal methods that the custom platform relied upon, the custom platform will start failing (like this report).
To avoid this, we’re going to no longer allow custom components to be partial overlays (just a platform). Instead, if you want to override a built-in platform, you will need to override the whole component.
This is enforced by first resolving the platform as a component, and if it exists, limiting the lookup path to the component path.
Example: if I look up the hue component, and it is provided by a custom component, then all platform lookups will also be looked up in the custom component dir. The same works the other way around, if a user would only try to override
hue/light.py but not
hue/__init__.py, the custom platform will be ignored.
Paulus has written some detailed information about this change on the developers’ blog, if you’d like more information. The Great Migration by Paulus
Existing SmartThings configuration entries will be removed, including the SmartApp/Automation from the SmartThings app. Home Assistant will prompt you to configure the integration again or it can be invoked from the integrations page. The configuration process is the same as before. To prepare, have your personal access token and a mobile device with the SmartThings Classic App handy. This will not affect the naming of devices or entities and is a one-time inconvenience. The implementation switches over to the SmartApp access token to synchronize subscriptions during setup of the config entry, which cannot be done using the personal access token.
- Météo-France platform for the weather component (@victorcerutti - #18404) (sensor.meteo_france docs) (weather.meteo_france docs) (new-platform)
- Point alarm control (@fredrike - #20972) (point docs) (new-platform)
- Nissan Leaf Integration (Carwings / NissanConnect EV) (@filcole - #19786) (device_tracker docs) (nissan_leaf docs) (binary_sensor.nissan_leaf docs) (sensor.nissan_leaf docs) (switch.nissan_leaf docs) (new-platform)
- Rewrite of Toon component (@frenck - #21186) (toon docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Times of The Day Binary Sensor (@kstaniek - #20068) (binary_sensor.tod docs) (new-platform)
- Add switch platform for Danfoss Air and additional sensors. (@JonasPed - #21046) (danfoss_air docs) (new-platform)
- Owlet baby monitor component (@oblogic7 - #21108) (owlet docs) (new-platform)
- deCONZ thermostat support (@Kane610 - #20586) (deconz docs) (new-platform)
- Added device tracker support for Ubee Router (@mzdrale - #19586) (device_tracker docs) (new-platform)
- Add LCN cover platform (@alengwenus - #20288) (lcn docs) (cover.lcn docs) (new-platform)
- Add initial support for Sony SDCP projector control (@alistairg - #20269) (switch.sony_projector docs) (new-platform)
- Add SmartThings Cover platform and add cover device classes (@andrewsayre - #21192) (cover docs) (smartthings docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Add SmartThings Scene platform (@andrewsayre - #21405) (smartthings docs) (new-platform)
- Reddit Sensor (@ljmerza - #21344) (sensor.reddit docs) (new-platform)
- mobile_app component (@robbiet480 - #21475) (mobile_app docs) (beta fix) (new-platform)
- Add component media player.ps4 (@ktnrg45 - #21074) (ps4 docs)
- Upgrade blinkpy==0.13.1 (Fixes #21559) (@fronzbot - #21578) (blink docs)
- Fix Name of Homematic IP accesspoint in devices, if name is configured (@SukramJ - #21617) (homematicip_cloud docs)
- Fix group-switch availability for Homematic IP (@SukramJ - #21640) (homematicip_cloud docs)
- automated commit 07/03/2019 10:47:38 (@ljmerza - #21749) (sensor.google_travel_time docs)
- Fix botvac connected maps call as it is not a supported model (@dshokouhi - #21752) (neato docs)
- Fix colorlog import error (@awarecan - #21754)
- Fix script load module issue (@awarecan - #21763)
- Bump PyXiaomiGateway version to 0.12.2 (Closes: #21731) (@syssi - #21764) (xiaomi_aqara docs)
- adds missing SUPPORT_VOLUME_SET flag to webos media_player (@dthulke - #21766) (webostv docs)
- Updated to newest pyeconet (@w1ll1am23 - #21772) (water_heater docs)
- Update dependencies to receive data on webhook callbacks (@andrewsayre - #21838) (smartthings docs)
- Override http.trusted_networks by auth_provider.trusted_networks (@awarecan - #21844) (http docs)
- Fix botvac when no map exists (@dshokouhi - #21877) (neato docs)
- Fixes issues #21821 and #21819 (@kstaniek - #21911) (binary_sensor.tod docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →