As announced in October, we’re going to drop Python 3.4 support in 2018. We’ve now decided that in two releases, 0.65, the minimum Python version that will be supported is bumped to 3.5.3. This won’t impact most users. You are already fine if you’re using Hass.io, the latest Debian stable (Stretch) or a derivative of that (Raspbian, Ubuntu).
This release introduces the entity registry. The entity registry allows integrations to reserve entity IDs. This means that we’ll automatically grant an entity ID to a device. It’s reserved so that no other device will ever get that entity ID. It also means that as a user, you will be able to customize the entity IDs for these devices.
For an integration to leverage the entity registry, it needs to define a unique ID for each of their entities. A unique ID is something that we can uniquely identify the device and that is not configurable. So a serial number and mac address are ok, IP addresses or names are not.
Examples of integrations that have unique IDs defined in this release are Z-Wave, Hue, Nest, LIFX, Sonos, Apple TV.
To update the entity ID that will be assigned to your device, update
<config>/entity_registry.yaml and restart Home Assistant (reloading on the fly is planned for a future release).
The entity registry will assign an entity ID the first time that a device is seen. This should be the same entity ID as it always was before. If this is not the case, update the registration entity to change it back to the old entity ID.
We’re planning a lot of cool stuff around the entity registry. Stay tuned!
- Adds allergy/disease sensor platform from Pollen.com (@bachya - #11573) (sensor.pollen docs) (new-platform)
- Add Goalfeed platform (@wardcraigj - #11098) (goalfeed docs) (new-platform)
- Add Melissa (HVAC/climate) component (@kennedyshead - #11503) (melissa docs) (sensor.melissa docs) (new-platform)
- Mediaroom (@dgomes - #11864) (media_player.mediaroom docs) (new-platform)
- Add Xiaomi Universal IR Remote (Chuangmi IR) (@cnrd - #11891) (remote.xiaomi_miio docs) (new-platform)
- SQL sensor (@dgomes - #12142) (sensor.sql docs) (new-platform)
- Add Mercedes me component (@ReneNulschDE - #11743) (new-platform)
- Fix Alexa Step Volume (@lucasweb78 - #12314) (alexa docs)
- Remove unique ID from netatmo (@balloob - #12317) (binary_sensor.netatmo docs) (camera.netatmo docs) (sensor.netatmo docs)
- Allow overriding name via entity registry (@balloob - #12292)
- Respect entity namespace for entity registry (@balloob - #12313)
- Fix Report State for Alexa Brightness Controller (@lucasweb78 - #12318) (alexa docs)
- Always return lockState == LOCKED when handling Alexa.LockController (@lucasweb78 - #12328) (alexa docs)
- Fix platform dependencies (@balloob - #12330)
- Fix MercedesMe - add check for unsupported features (@ReneNulschDE - #12342) (mercedesme docs) (binary_sensor.mercedesme docs) (device_tracker.mercedesme docs) (sensor.mercedesme docs)
- Fix WUnderground names (@OttoWinter - #12346) (sensor.wunderground docs)
- Updated beacontools (@citruz - #12368) (sensor.eddystone_temperature docs)
- Introduce zone_id to identify player+zone (@sdague - #12382) (media_player.yamaha docs)
- Downgrade limitlessled to 1.0.8 (@amelchio - #12403) (light.limitlessled docs)
- python-miio version bumped. (Closes: #12389, Closes: #12298) (@syssi - #12392) (fan.xiaomi_miio docs) (light.xiaomi_miio docs) (remote.xiaomi_miio docs) (switch.xiaomi_miio docs) (vacuum.xiaomi_miio docs)
- Fixed 3 small issues in isy994 component (@OverloadUT - #12421) (isy994 docs)
- Reduce the load on met.no servers, yr.no sensor (@danielhiversen - #12435) (sensor.yr docs)
- Fix for contentRating error (@ryanm101 - #12445) (media_player.plex docs)
- Fix light template to return brightness as int (@andrey-git - #12447) (light.template docs)
- Optimize recorder purge (@amelchio - #12448)
- [SQL Sensor] always close session (@dgomes - #12452) (sensor.sql docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →