This is the first release with our new release schedule. During the extra week we had a total of 4 beta releases with a total of 26 fixes. So this should be the most stable release yet!
It’s also a release that is full of goodies. 80 people contributed over 223 fixes, improvements and new integrations during the last 2 weeks of this release 😎 I want to highlight the work of two people who are doing an amazing job: @NovapaX has been doing a great job triaging and fixing weird quirks and bugs in the frontend. And I want to give a shout out to @armills who has enabled backend translations. This means that a bunch of things that did not have translations yet, will now soon be translatable. We’re planning some cool things with this!
A quick note if you are using Philips Hue and a Hue custom component: it will no longer work due to the internal changes to the Hue platform. Remove the custom component to ensure that your Hue lights keep working.
- Add new platform for VeSync switches (@markperdue - #13000) (switch.vesync docs) (new-platform)
- HomeKit Restructure (new config options) (@cdce8p - #12997) (homekit docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Added cover.group platform (replaces #12303) (@cdce8p - #12692) (cover.group docs) (new-platform)
- Add extra sensors for BMW ConnectedDrive (@gerard33 - #12591) (bmw_connected_drive docs) (binary_sensor.bmw_connected_drive docs) (lock.bmw_connected_drive docs) (sensor.bmw_connected_drive docs) (new-platform)
- Homekit: New supported devices (@cdce8p - #13244) (homekit docs) (new-platform)
- Adding Foobot device sensor (@reefab - #12417) (sensor.foobot docs) (new-platform)
- Added Stride notification component (@BioSehnsucht - #13221) (notify docs) (new-platform)
- Xiaomi MiIO Sensor: Xiaomi Air Quality Monitor (PM2.5) integration (@syssi - #13264) (sensor.xiaomi_miio docs) (new-platform)
- Add initial support fo HomematicIP components (@mxworm - #12761) (homematicip docs) (sensor.homematicip docs) (new-platform)
- Support for security systems controlled by IFTTT (@maxclaey - #12975) (alarm_control_panel.ifttt docs) (new-platform)
- Zigbee fan (@igorbernstein2 - #12289) (zha docs) (fan.zha docs) (new-platform)
- Adding a discoverable Samsung Syncthru Printer sensor platform (@nielstron - #13134) (sensor.syncthru docs) (new-platform)
- Add trafikverket_weatherstation sensor platform (@Qxlkdr - #12115) (sensor.trafikverket_weatherstation docs) (new-platform)
- Security fix & lock for HomeMatic (@PH89 - #11980) (homematic docs) (lock docs) (lock.homematic docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Update frontend to fix climate and chart issues (@NovapaX & @c727)
- Fix mqtt_json color commands (@armills - #13617) (light.mqtt_json docs)
- Add pincode fallback (@cdce8p - #13587) (homekit docs)
- Fix mysensors sensor type lookup (@MartinHjelmare - #13574) (sensor.mysensors docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →