Oooh yeah. It’s time for 0.43 and this is going to be a killer release. For the people that have been following on social media, you might have noticed that we got pretty excited about the new IKEA Trådfri line up. And so we are very happy to announce that thanks to the work by @ggravlingen, @MartinHjelmare and myself that this will be the first release to support the IKEA light bulbs. Home Assistant will automatically detect the gateway on your network and after following the instructions, allow you to control your lights.
After automatic discovery, Home Assistant will ask the user to finish pairing with the gateway.
And in case you have missed the other big news: @robbiet480 released the first version of our iOS app! It took a little over a year but it offers some great ways to make your iDevice work with Home Assistant. Big congrats to Robbie for shipping! As with our other parts, the app is open-sourced under APACHE 2 and contributors are welcome. Check it out.
A big shout out this release to @happyleavesaoc for his constant stream of great contributions to Home Assistant. The first contribution was back in October 2015 and since then @happyleavesaoc has been responsible for many platforms and bug fixes including the Spotify platform this release. Thanks @happyleavesaoc, you’re a great example of what makes our community awesome.
The new Spotify integration is based on the new Spotify Connect Playback API. It supports playback, album art and switching which Spotify device you’re controlling.
- MaryTTS platform (@johanpalmqvist - #6988) (tts.marytts docs) (new-platform)
- Telegram bot component (incl. webhook and polling platform) (@sander76 - #6913) (telegram_bot docs) (telegram_bot.polling docs) (telegram_bot.webhooks docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Support fo map data from Neato (@turbokongen - #6939) (neato docs) (camera.neato docs) (sensor.neato docs) (new-platform)
- Support for IKEA Trådfri (@ggravlingen - #7074) (light.tradfri docs) (new-platform)
- MQTT camera (@MrMep - #7092) (camera.mqtt docs) (new-platform)
- LIFX Cloud scene support (@amelchio - #7124) (scene.lifx_cloud docs) (new-platform)
- Spotify media player (@happyleavesaoc - #6980) (media_player.spotify docs) (new-platform)
- JSON MQTT Device tracker (@MrMep - #7055) (new-platform)
- Opensky sensor (@happyleavesaoc - #7061) (sensor.opensky docs) (new-platform)
- Ping binary sensor (@fabaff - #7052) (binary_sensor.ping docs) (new-platform)
- myStrom Wifi Bulbs (@fabaff - #7161) (light.mystrom docs) (new-platform)