It’s time for Home Assistant 0.74! 🎉
This week we heard that Guido van Rossum, the founder of Python, is taking a permanent vacation as the leader of Python after being at the helm for almost 30 years. Guido has not been directly involved with Home Assistant. However he created Python and was part of the team that built asyncio, technologies that power the foundation of Home Assistant and what makes us so fast and robust. Under Guido’s guidance, the Python community has grown out to be very friendly and open. A great inspiration for us and other tech communities out there. Thanks for all you have done Guido!
Paulus & Guido at PyCon US 2018
All right, back to Home Assistant. The last release introduced a tech preview of the new user system. The initial preview still required creating users via the command line. In the last two weeks, we’ve worked hard on adding support for an onboarding wizard and a user management interface. A walkthrough of the new features can be found below. Thanks to @awarecan and @jeradM for all their work!
To try it out today, read these instructions. The user system is still in tech preview. We’ve moved fast to get where we are today. The next step is that we need to take a step back and look at the system as a whole to make sure it’s robust and ready for prime time.
I’m happy to announce that this release introduces support for Tuya thanks to @huangyupeng. Tuya produces cheap cloud-enabled devices that are sold under a wide variety of brand names across the globe, and now they work with Home Assistant too!
- Add Tuya component and switch support (@huangyupeng - #15399) (tuya docs) (switch.tuya docs) (new-platform)
- Add Tuya light platform (@huangyupeng - #15444) (tuya docs) (light.tuya docs) (new-platform)
- Added support for Duke Energy smart meters (@w1ll1am23 - #15165) (new-platform)
- Added Push Camera (@dgomes - #15151) (camera.push docs) (new-platform)
- Add Cloudflare DNS component. (@ludeeus - #15388) (cloudflare docs) (new-platform)
- Add HomematicIP alarm control panel (@mxworm - #15342) (alarm_control_panel docs) (homematicip_cloud docs) (alarm_control_panel.homematicip_cloud docs) (new-platform)
- Bugfix HomeKit name and serial_number (@cdce8p - #15600) (homekit docs)
- Use case insensitive comparison for Sonos model check (@amelchio - #15604) (media_player.sonos docs)
- Frontend component should auto load auth coomponent (@awarecan - #15606) (frontend docs)
- Cast/Sonos: create config entry if manually configured (@balloob - #15630) (cast docs) (sonos docs)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →