Onboarding Home Assistant
Alright, you made it here. The tough part is done.
After entering the Home Assistant device’s address in your browser’s address bar, the preparation screen is shown. Depending on your hardware, preparation may take a while.
To show the logs, select the blue pulsing circle.
With Home Assistant installed, it’s time to set up the basics.
In this step, you will create the owner account of Home Assistant. This account is an administrator account. It will always be able to change everything.
Enter a name, username, and password. Select Create account.
Enter a name for your home and define the location specific settings and the language of the user interface.
- To automatically populate these settings, select Detect.
- If you’d rather not send your location, you can set these values manually.
Select which information you are willing to share.
- Sharing is disabled by default. However, we would like to encourage you to share some of this data.
- This information helps us to find out which platforms we need to support and where to focus our efforts.
- The data is anonymized and aggregated. To see the charts we generate out of this data, take a look at our analytics page.
Once you are done, select Next.
- Home Assistant will then show any devicesA device is a model representing a physical or logical unit that contains entities. it has discovered on your network.
- Don’t be alarmed if you see fewer items than shown below; you can always manually add devices later.
Finally, select Finish.
- Now you’re brought to the Home Assistant web interface. This screen will show all of your devices.
Concepts & Terminologies