0.24: SQLAlchemy, KNX, Join by Joaoapps, and SimpliSafe.
It’s time for Home Assistant 0.24 and it’s full of new integration for your Home. It contains some structural changes to our history which requires action from your end, so please keep reading.
MapQuest discontinued their free and direct tile access by Monday, July 11, 2016. With CARTO we found a very cool and suitable solution. They allow us to use their tile for the map. Thank you, CARTO.
Roy Hooper did an amazing job migrating the history support from being tied to SQLite to use the ORM SQLAlchemy instead. This means that you can now use any SQL backend for the history. So besides SQLite you can now databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL. However, this does require that you install SQLAlchemy and run a command to migrate your existing history over. We tried to make the process as seamless as possible by introducing a new command line script:
pip3 install SQLAlchemy hass --script db_migrator --config /path/to/config
You can omit the
--config option if you use the default configuration directory. Run the script with
--help to get more options.
- Config: Improved support for storing secrets (@kellerza)
- Sensor: Support for Yahoo! Weather (@pvizeli)
- Add scripts to command line to expose advanced options (@balloob)
- Alarm: SimpliSafe is now supported (@w1ll1am23)
- Core: Switch to SQLAlchemy for the Recorder component (@rhooper)
- Support for Join by Joaoapps added incl. Join Notify (@nkgilley)
- Media Player: Plex will no longer spam the logs if server goes offline (@dale3h)
- Sensor: APCUPSd Sensor now supports names, icons and units (@dale3h)
- Lock: Verisure entities will now use name instead of serial number for entity id (@turbokongen)
- StatsD can now also export attributes (@bah2830)
- Support for KNX added (@usul27)
- Switch: TPLink HS100/HS110 now supported (@GadgetReactor)
- Stability fixes for RFXtrx (@Danielhiversen)
- Tweaks to Z-Wave (@turbokongen)
- Light: Brightness now clamped to 0-255 (@keatontaylor)
- Thermostat: Radiotherm HVAC mode now supported (@danieljkemp)
- Sensor: Google Travel times can now use dynamic locations for start/end (@bah2830)
- Notify: Allow sending photos to Telegram (@pvizeli)
- Frontend: Improve loading times (@balloob)
- Frontend: Fix stream not reconnecting after standby (@balloob)
- Frontend: Wait up to two seconds for new state before resetting toggle after toggling state (@balloob)
Hotfix 0.24.1 - July 21
Quick hot fix after we found a bug in the migrator where it wouldn’t work with a database in a non-standard location. Thanks to @n8henrie and @AlucardZero.
- Migrating existing databases (see above).
- The APCUPSd Sensor was updated. This will need that you modify your
- Entity IDs of Verisure locks will change. This is a one time change but should improve readability.