To add the Sony Bravia TV integration to your Home Assistant instance, use this My button:
Sony Bravia TV can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown as Discovered. You can then set it up right away.
If it wasn’t discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
The Bravia TV integration supports two types of authentication:
- PSK (Pre-Shared-Key) is a user-defined secret key used for access control. This authentication method is recommended as more reliable and stable. To set up and enable PSK on your TV, go to: Settings -> Network -> Home Network Setup -> IP Control.
- PIN Code authentication is easier and does not require additional settings.
For more information, see IP Control Authentication.
If you have previously set up your TV with any Home Assistant instances via PIN code, you must remove Home Assistant from your TV in order for your TV to generate a new pin. To do this, you must do one of the following:
- On your TV, go to: Settings > Network > Remote device settings > Deregister remote device. Disable and re-enable the Control remotely after. Menu titles may differ slightly between models. If needed, refer to your specific model’s manual for additional guidance.
- Reset your TV to factory condition.
Using the media browser, you can view a list of all installed applications and TV channels and launch them.
play_media serviceA service carries out one specific task, for example: turn on the light in the living room. A service has targets and data and can be called by actions, a dashboard, or via voice command.
[Learn more] can be used in a automation or script to switch to a specified application or TV channel. It selects the best matching application or channel according to the
- Channel number (i.e., ‘1’ or ‘6’)
- Exact app or channel name (i.e., ‘Google Play’ or ‘CNN’)
- Substring in app or channel name (i.e., ‘BFM’ in ‘BFM TV’)
- URI-string of app or channel (i.e., ‘tv:dvbt?trip=9999.441.41104&srvName=BBC HD’)
Example to open YouTube app:
service: media_player.play_media target: entity_id: media_player.bravia_tv data: media_content_id: "YouTube" media_content_type: "app"
Example to switch to channel number 11:
service: media_player.play_media target: entity_id: media_player.bravia_tv data: media_content_id: 11 media_content_type: "channel"
Example to switch to channel including ‘news’ in its name:
service: media_player.play_media target: entity_id: media_player.bravia_tv data: media_content_id: "news" media_content_type: "channel"
The integration supports
remote platform. The remote allows you to send key commands to your TV with the
The commands that can be sent to the TV depends on the model of your TV. To display a list of supported commands for your TV, call the service
remote.send_command with non-valid command (e.g.
Test). A list of available commands will be displayed in Home Assistant System Logs.
Example to send
Down key command:
service: remote.send_command target: entity_id: remote.bravia_tv data: command: "Down"
The integration supports
button platform and allows you to reboot the device or terminate all running applications.