This release has to do a one time database migration which can take a long time on big databases (20 minutes). During this time the frontend will not work. Do not stop Home Assistant while it is in progress.
Release 0.51 is around the corner and it contains some really great updates.
The first one is more amazing database updates #8748 by @OverloadUT. Every query that has been tested executes in well under 1 second, even on a RPi using MySQL with 6 million rows and around 300 entities. This is true even when you’re getting an unrealistically huge date range!
Updating the database will take some time when you start Home Assistant. During that time, the Home Assistant frontend is not accessible. Please let it complete and do not turn Home Assistant off.
We have finished the migration of our frontend to be powered by Polymer 2. This has given us a big speed boost on Safari/iOS devices and has fixed a wide range of bugs.
We have also finished the automation editor. All triggers and actions are now implemented and so are most conditions (missing are
or). The automation editor is also no longer Chrome only, it can now also be used in Safari.
Another change to the frontend is that we have reorganized the panels. The Z-Wave and automation configuration panels have been merged into the configuration panel.
As we have seen more vacuum cleaners land in Home Assistant, it was time to create an official component for them. That’s why @azogue introduced the new vacuum cleaner component in #8623. This allows first class integration of vacuum cleaners in Home Assistant. Out of the box we will have Dyson, Xiamo and Roomba as supported platforms.
- Added Lutron Caseta Scene Support (@809694+kfcook - #8690) (lutron_caseta docs) (scene.lutron_caseta docs) (new-platform)
- New media_player platform for Russound devices using the RIO protocol (@wickerwaka - #8448) (media_player.russound_rio docs) (new-platform)
- New component: bluesound (@thrawnarn - #7192) (media_player.bluesound docs) (new-platform)
- Add mochad light component (@mtreinish - #8476) (light.mochad docs) (new-platform)
- geizhals sensor component (@JulianKahnert - #8458) (sensor.geizhals docs) (new-platform)
- Xiaomi vacuum as platform of new
vacuumcomponent derived from ToggleEntity, and services (@azogue - #8623) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Wi-Fi enabled Roomba support (@pschmitt - #8825) (vacuum.roomba docs) (new-platform)
- Add support to Dyson 360 Eye robot vacuum using new vacuum platform (@CharlesBlonde - #8852) (dyson docs) (vacuum docs) (fan.dyson docs) (sensor.dyson docs) (vacuum.dyson docs) (new-platform)
- Add Initial Mailbox panel and sensor (@PhracturedBlue - #8233) (asterisk_mbox docs) (new-platform)
- Add Leviton Decora Smart WiFi Device Platform (@tlyakhov - #8529) (light.decora_wifi docs) (new-platform)
- Add RainMachine switch platform (@bachya - #8827) (switch.rainmachine docs) (new-platform)
- Add new device tracker for Huawei Routers. (@abmantis - #8488) (device_tracker.huawei_router docs) (new-platform)
- Add Shodan sensor (@fabaff - #8902) (sensor.shodan docs) (new-platform)
- Fixed a bug in the automation editor that would break if no conditions available in the config file. (@balloob)
- Fix zwave power_consumption attribute (@andrey-git - #8968) (zwave docs)
- Turn foscam verbose mode off (@andrey-git - #8967) (camera.foscam docs)
- fix stack trace in pushbullet (@Danielhiversen - #8965) (notify.pushbullet docs)
- Harmoney remote: Fix call to ha_send_commands (@MartinHjelmare - #8956) (remote.harmony docs)
- fix DeviceException handling when updating xiaomi vacuum (@azogue - #8954) (vacuum.xiaomi docs)
- Sabnzbd: do not assume discovery info is a dict (@balloob - #8951) (sensor.sabnzbd docs)
- Fix login button (@balloob)
- Add workaround for broken toggles in Safari (@balloob)
- Fix weblink opening twice (@azogue)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.Read on →