It’s time for Home Assistant 0.23 and it’s full of goodies. It’s also the release that bumps us over a 1000 tests and to 94% test coverage! Also our install issues on the Raspberry Pi and Synology have been resolved.
This release brings support for two new ecosystems: Envisalink and Homematic. We can now also control your TV via HDMI using HDMI-CEC (which works on the Pi!) and another cool feature is the persistent notifications which allow you to add a notification to the frontend till dismissed.
Wink support has been dramatically improved by migrating to the PubNub API. This allows Wink to push changes from their system to Home Assistant. This change came just in time as somehow our Wink integration was causing a lot of requests to their servers. Thanks to Wink for letting us know so we could solve it instead of blocking us.
On the config side, you can now store your passwords in your OS keyring or just in a standalone file. We also got a new service to reload the core config so no reboots needed anymore after changing customize settings!
- Support for Envisalink added (alarm control panel, binary sensor, sensor) (@cinntax)
- Support for Homematic added (binary sensor, light, rollershutter, sensor, switch) (@pvizeli, @danielperna84)
- New HDMI-CEC component (@happyleavesaoc, @lukas-hetzenecker)
- Major rewrite of Wink which now pushes changes to Home Assistant (@w1ll1am23)
- Core: new add reload core config service (@balloob)
- Support for persistent notifications added (@fabaff, @balloob)
- Garage door: Z-Wave support added (@turbokongen)
- Rollershutter: Z-Wave support added (@turbokongen)
- Media Player: Sony Bravia TV now supported (@aparraga)
- Sensor: Fixer.io now supported (@fabaff)
- Garage door: Control any garage door using Raspberry Pi GPIO pins (@kellerza)
- Sensor: OpenExchangeRates support added (@arsaboo)
- Notify: Pushover now supports target device, sound, URL and priority (@dale3h)
- Sensor: Netatmo now supports wind, battery and radio signals (@Jypy)
- Log successful and failed login attemps (@fabaff)
- Config: allow extracting account info into OS keyring or separate YAML file (@kellerza)
- Core: add option to not filter out duplicate states per entity (@philipbl)
- HTTP: Follow Mozilla SSL recommendations (@danieljkemp, @AlucardZero)
- Light: Z-Wave colorbulb support added (@armills)
- Core: new elevation config option added (@balloob)
- Sensor: OneWire support extended with support for DS18S20, DS1822, DS1825 and DS28EA00 temperature sensors + support for bus masters which use fuse to mount device tree. (@Ardetus)
- Lock: Vera now supported (@rhooper)
- HTTP: Migrate to CherryPy WSGI server to fix install and runtime problems (@balloob)
- Homematic thermostat configuration has changed and now depends on the new Homematic component.
- Bump PyVera to 0.2.13 to fix traceback and pyvera thread dying related to bug (@rhooper)
- HTTP - SSL: Check for OP_NO_COMPRESSION support before trying to use it (@AlucardZero)
- Wink: Downgraded pubnub to work around pycryptodome conflicts (@w1ll1am23)
elevation:was introduced to the configuration for weather/sunrise data. For existing configurations add the value shown in the warning
[homeassistant.config] Incomplete core config. Auto detected elevation: 665to your