kodi platform allows you to send messages to your Kodi multimedia system from Home Assistant.
To add Kodi to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - platform: kodi name: NOTIFIER_NAME host: 192.168.0.123
name (Optional): Name displayed in the frontend. The notifier will bind to the service
- host (Required): The host name or address of the device that is running Kodi.
- port (Optional): The HTTP port number. Defaults to 8080.
proxy_ssl (Optional): Connect to kodi with HTTPS. Defaults to
false. Useful if Kodi is behind an SSL proxy.
- username (Optional): The XBMC/Kodi HTTP username.
- password (Optional): The XBMC/Kodi HTTP password.
kodi_notification: sequence: - service: notify.NOTIFIER_NAME data: title: "Home Assistant" message: "Message to KODI from Home Assistant!" data: displaytime: 20000 icon: "warning"
- title (Optional): Title that is displayed on the message.
- message (Required): Message to be displayed.
icon (Optional): Kodi comes with 3 default icons:
error, an URL to an image is also valid. Defaults to
displaytime (Optional): Length in milliseconds the message stays on screen. Defaults to
- icon (Optional): Kodi comes with 3 default icons:
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.