For the second year in a row, Home Assistant will be participating in Hacktoberfest. Hacktoberfest is an event organized by DigitalOcean and GitHub to support and celebrate open source. The idea is that open source projects like Home Assistant will gather a bunch of entry-level bugs, features, and documentation enhancements and that you, a current or future contributor, will help us fix them. If you submit four pull-requests during October, you will have earned yourself a limited edition Hacktoberfest T-shirt!
Why contribute to Home Assistant?
- Written in Python 3 with 94% test coverage
- Active and helpful community
- Friendly to new contributors
Resources to get started:
- Sign up for Hacktoberfest
- List of entry-level issues for Home Assistant
- Instructions to setup your development environment
- Home Assistant Development Chat
- Home Assistant Development Forums
- Hacktoberfest website
Are you not a programmer but still want to contribute to Home Assistant? Check out our list of entry-level issues for the Home Assistant website.
Our participation for Hacktoberfest 2016 was a huge success. Join us to repeat it this year.