The Notify.Events service is a platform for the notify component.
This platform allows you to quickly configure the distribution of messages between different recipients, no matter how they are used to receiving notifications:
- Jabber / XMPP
You can find a full supported messenger list here.
To start getting notifications, you need to follow those simple steps:
- Sign up to Notify.Events and create a Channel
- Add Home Assistant source to this channel and get your token
- Add the Notify.Events integration to your installation by adding the following to your
notify_events: token: YOUR_TOKEN
Now you can use notify_events integration as a platform for your notify service, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry notify: - name: NOTIFIER_NAME (e.g. "events") platform: notify_events
Now you can use the
notify.events service inside your Home Assistant to:
- Send any notifications or alerts
- Distribute events by
- Attach files and images (local or remote)
- .. and just keep using your favorite messenger to receive them!
Example service call
- service: notify.events data: message: "Backyard motion detected!" data: level: "warning" priority: "high" images: - name: "local_photo.jpg" path: "/tmp/backyard_cam/motion.jpg" - name: "remote_photo.jpg" url: "https://i.ibb.co/Jt1845X/motion.jpg"
Message optional parameters
The following attributes can be placed inside
data for extended functionality.
||For recipients who have differences in the display of messages at different levels, this level will be applied.
||For recipients which supports priority, the message will be highlighted accordingly.
||Array of images to attach (see item properties below).|
||Array of files to attach (see item properties below).|
||Notify.Events channel token (in case you want to override the channel to get this message to).|
Every item of images and files has the following properties:
||False||Result file name|
To use notifications effectively, please see the getting started with automation page.