Home Assistant turns your Raspberry Pi (or another device) into the ultimate home automation hub. With Home Assistant, you can focus on integrating your devices and writing automations.
The advantages of using Home Assistant:
- Free and open source
- Optimized for embedded devices like Raspberry Pi
- 100% local home automation
- Easy installation and updates (powered by the Home Assistant Operating System and Home Assistant Core)
- Management web interface integrated into Home Assistant
- Create and restore full backups of your whole configuration with ease
- Install many popular add-ons with a single click! For example Google Assistant, encryption via Let’s Encrypt and dynamic DNS via Duck DNS.
Browse available add-ons »
- Active community that is helpful and sharing add-ons including AppDaemon, Homebridge and InfluxDB.
Browse the forums »
Join the Home Assistant chat »
Browse community add-on repositories »
Home Assistant users can update via the ‘Supervisor’ panel in the UI when a new version is released.
Home Assistant dashboard with upgrade notification (under the hamburger menu -> Supervisor)