Hass.io turns your Raspberry Pi (or another device) into the ultimate home automation hub powered by Home Assistant. With Hass.io you can focus on integrating your devices and writing automations.
The advantages of using Hass.io:
- Free and open source
- Optimized for embedded devices like Raspberry Pi
- 100% local home automation
- Easy installation and updates (powered by HassOS and Docker)
- Management web interface integrated into Home Assistant
- Create and restore full backups of your whole configuration with ease
- Install many popular add-ons with a single click! For example Google Assistant, encryption via Let’s Encrypt and dynamic DNS via Duck DNS.
Browse available add-ons »
- Active community that is helpful and sharing add-ons including AppDaemon, Homebridge and InfluxDB.
Browse the forums »
Join the Hass.io chat »
Browse community add-on repositories »
Hass.io users can update Home Assistant via the ‘Hass.io’ panel in the UI. However, please note that Home Assistant updates take some time to roll into the Hass.io builds. Therefore, there is often a slight delay (a day or two) between the availability of a Home Assistant update and the update being available in Hass.io, so be patient. When a Hass.io update is available, it will be shown as a notification in the ‘Hass.io’ panel in the web interface.
Hass.io dashboard with upgrade notification (under the hamburger menu -> Hass.io)