fastdotcom sensor component uses the Fast.com web service to measure network bandwidth performance.
Currently fast.com only supports measuring download bandwidth. If you want to measure bandwidth metrics other then download such as ping and upload, utilize the speedtest component.
By default, it will run every hour. The user can change the update frequency in the config by defining the minute, hour, and day for a speedtest to run.
To add a Fast.com sensor to your installation, add the following to your
Once per hour, on the hour (default):
sensor: - platform: fastdotcom
Every half hour of every day:
sensor: - platform: fastdotcom minute: - 0 - 30
- minute (Optional): Specify the minute(s) of the hour to schedule the speedtest. Use a list for multiple entries. Default is 0.
- hour (Optional): Specify the hour(s) of the day to schedule the speedtest. Use a list for multiple entries. Default is None.
- day (Optional): Specify the day(s) of the month to schedule the speedtest. Use a list for multiple entries. Default is None.
- manual (Optional): True or False to turn manual mode on or off. Manual mode will disable scheduled speedtests.
There is also a service named
sensor.update_fastdotcom that you can use to run a fast.com speedtest on demand. You can turn on manual mode to disable the scheduled speedtests.
- When running on Raspberry Pi, just note that the maximum speed is limited by its 100 Mbit/s LAN adapter.