This platform allows you to detect presence by looking at connected devices to a Netgear device.
To use this device tracker in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry device_tracker: - platform: netgear host: YOUR_ROUTER_IP username: YOUR_ADMIN_USERNAME password: YOUR_ADMIN_PASSWORD
url (Optional): The base URL, e.g.,
http://routerlogin.com:5000for example. If not provided
portare used. If none provided autodetection of the URL will be used.
host (Optional): The IP address of your router, e.g.,
- port (Optional): The port your router communicates with.
username (Optional): The username of a user with administrative privileges. If not provided
adminwill be used.
- password (Required): The password for your given admin account.
- devices (Optional): If provided only specified devices will be reported. Can be MAC address or the device name as reported in the Netgear UI.
- exclude (Optional): Devices to exclude from the scan.
- accesspoints (Optional): Also track devices on the specified APs. Only supports MAC address.
accesspoints is specified an extra device will be reported for each device connected to the APs specified here, as
MY-LAPTOP on RBS40.
Router will be reported as AP name for the main AP. Only tested with Orbi.
The use of
exclude is recommended when using
accesspoints to avoid having a lot of entries.
List of models that are known to use port 80:
- Nighthawk X4S - AC2600 (R7800)
See the device tracker component page for instructions how to configure the people to be tracked.