It’s time for the 0.22 release. This was a pretty rough release cycle and we had to issue two hot fixes for our core improvements. But it seems now that all is good and a lot of people have reported that their installs are faster than ever and the occasional quirks no longer occur.
We are aware that our new web stack has caused issues installing Home Assistant on ARM-based platforms. This sadly includes the Raspberry Pi and Synology NAS systems. We’re working on getting to a better solution. For Raspberry Pi, the All-in-One installer will take care of everything for you. We’re working on updating our standalone Raspberry Pi installation guide.
There are two cool things that I want to highlight in this release. The first is Pandora support. This is based on the CLI player called pianobar. This means that your machine running Home Assistant can be connected to the speakers and provide your house with tunes.
Another cool addition is the local file camera. This seems very basic at first but will allow you to generate a graph with your favorite 3rd party graphing tool and display it on your Home Assistant dashboard. We’re looking forward to see what you can do with this!
- Media Player: Pandora media player now supported (@partofthething)
- Device Tracker: BT Home Hub 5 now supported (@lwis)
- Camera: New local file platform shows any image as camera (@Landrash)
- Add Sonos snapshot and restore services (@dansullivan86)
- Device Tracker: AsusWRT in Access Point mode now supported (@linjef)
- Device Tracker: AsusWRT login using public key now supported (@mtreinish)
- Device Tracker: AsusWRT protocol to use is now auto detected (@persandstrom)
- Camera: Netatmo now supported (@jabesq)
- API documentation added in Swagger.yaml format (@wind-rider)
- Media Player: Cast devices can now be stopped (@michaelarnauts)
- MySensors: IR switch device and service now supported (@MartinHjelmare)
- Bloomsky: Voltage sensor now supported (@arsaboo)
- Sensor: New Plex sensor monitors friends streaming from your Plex server (@nkgilley)
- Component shell command can now use templates to render arguments (@partofthething)
- Rollershutter: Wink is now supported (@philk)
- Alexa: Updated documentation to show how to call scripts and scenes (@acockburn)
- Sensor: SNMP is now supported (@fabaff)
- Sensor: Support for Swiss hydrological data (@fabaff)
- The new Netatmo support caused us to change how Netatmo are configured. It’s now done via its own component.
netatmo: api_key: API_KEY secret_key: SECRET_KEY username: username password: password
- Insteon Hub lights will load again