The ASUSWRT integration can connect Home Assistant to a ASUS router that runs on ASUSWRT firmware.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Presence Detection - The ASUSWRT platform offers presence detection by looking at connected devices to a ASUSWRT based router.
- Sensor - The ASUSWRT sensors platform allows you to get information from your ASUS router within Home Assistant.
To add the ASUSWRT integration to your Home Assistant instance, use this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
You need to enable telnet on your router if you choose to use
These sensors are automatically created and associated to the router device:
- Connected devices sensor
- Download sensor (unit_of_measurement: Gigabyte - Daily accumulation)
- Download Speed sensor (unit_of_measurement: Mbit/s)
- Upload sensor (unit_of_measurement: Gigabyte - Daily accumulation)
- Upload Speed sensor (unit_of_measurement: Mbit/s)
- Load average sensors (1min, 5min, 15min)
- Temperature sensors (2ghz, 5ghz, cpu). NB: only temperature sensors available on your router will be created
Connected devices sensor is created in status enabled, all other sensors are created in status disabled. To use them, simply enable on the devices page.
Options for ASUSWRT can be set via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- Go to Settings > Devices & Services.
- If multiple instances of ASUSWRT are configured, choose the instance you want to configure.
- Select the integration, then select Configure.
Number of seconds that must elapse before considering a disconnected device
not at home.
Enable this option to track also devices that do not have a name. Name will be replaced by mac address.
If you don’t want to automatically track new detected device, disable the integration system option
Enable new added entities
The rt-n56u project does not store
dnsmasq.leases which is used to track devices at
asuswrt do. However this integration can still be used for the rt-n56u project by changing the dnsmasq location using the
dnsmasq variable to
Also, to get the statistics for the
WAN port, specify
interface: 'eth3' as this is the interface used in the rt-n56u project