Integrate Shelly devices into Home Assistant.
To add a Shelly device to your installation, make sure they are connected to your Wi-Fi network first. Next, go to Configuration >> Integrations in the UI. If the new device is on the same network as Home Assistant, it is discovered automatically. Clicking “Configure” on the discovered device, adds it to Home Assistant. If your device isn’t discovered automatically, click the button with
+ sign on the integrations page and from the list of integrations, select Shelly and follow the instructions shown.
The integration uses the following strategy to name its entities:
Channel Nameis set in the device, the integration will use them to generate the entities’ name.
- If channel names are set, they will be used in the entity names. The device name will not be used.
- If only the device name is set, and the device has multiple channels, the channel number will be appended to the entity name (e.g., Channel 2).
- In case device name and channel names are not set, the entity name will be generated by the
|Device Name||Channel Name||Entity Name|
||shellyswitch25-ABC123 Channel 1|
||Kids Room Bulb||Kids Room Bulb|
||Kitchen Channel 1|
|Bedroom||Round Bulb||Round Bulb|
Names are set from the device web page:
- Device name can be set in Settings >> DEVICE NAME
- Channel name for single-channel devices can be set in Settings >> CHANNEL NAME
- Channel name for multi-channel devices can be set in Settings >> CHANNEL NAME after selecting the channel, by clicking on the channel name.
- Only supports firmware 1.8 and later
- Support relays, lights (with brightness), sensors and rollers
- Support for battery-powered devices is currently very limited