Integrate your Sense meter information into Home Assistant.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Binary Sensor
Adding Sense to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
Sense can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown as “Discovered”, which you can select to set it up right away.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
Sensors are added for both usage and production:
- Active sensors: Updated every 60 seconds.
- Usage: Current active power usage in Watts.
- Production: Current active power production in Watts.
- Trend sensors: Data provided for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly scales. Updated every 5 minutes.
- Usage: Power usage in kWh.
- Production: Power production in kWh.
- To Grid: Power exported to the grid in kWh.
- From Grid: Power imported from the grid in kWh.
- Net Production: Measures total solar production against usage.
- Net Production Percentage: Net production as a percentage value.
- Solar Powered Percentage: Percentage of power used directly from solar.
Binary sensors are created for each of the devices detected by your Sense monitor to show their power state.
Sensors are created for each of the devices detected by your Sense monitor to show their power usage in Watts.
The Emulated Kasa integration can be used to expose devices in Home Assistant to the Sense Monitor by emulating TP-Link Kasa Smart Plugs.