OpenCV is an open source computer vision image and video processing library.
Some pre-defined classifiers can be found here.
To setup OpenCV with Home Assistant, add the following section to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry image_processing: - platform: opencv name: Front Door Faces source: - entity_id: camera.front_door classifier: mom: /path/to/classifier.xml
- name (Required): The name of the OpenCV image processor.
source array (Required): List of image sources.
entity_id (Required): A camera entity id to get picture from.
name (Optional): This parameter allows you to override the name of your
- name (Optional): This parameter allows you to override the name of your
- entity_id (Required): A camera entity id to get picture from.
- classifier (Optional): Dictionary of name to path to the classifier XML file. If this field is not provided, a face classifier will be downloaded from OpenCV’s GitHub repository.
classifier may also be defined as a dictionary of names to classifier configurations:
mom: file: /path/to/classifier/xml neighbors: 4 min_size: (40, 40) scale: 1.1f
- file (Required): The path to the classifier XML file.
scale (Optional): The scale to perform when processing, this is a
floatvalue that must be greater than or equal to
1.0, default is
neighbors (Optional): The minimum number of neighbors required for a match, default is
4. The higher this number, the more picky the matching will be; lower the number, the more false positives you may experience.