LaMetric TIME is a smart clock that can be used to access applications, listen to web radio and display notifications.
Adding LaMetric to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
LaMetric can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown as “Discovered”, which you can select to set it up right away.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
You can send notifications to your LaMetric device using the Notifications integration.
Each LaMetric device added to your Home Assistant will have its own
notify. service. The service name matches the name of your device
as shown in your LaMetric account. For example, if you have a device
called “My LaMetric”, the service would become
The notification service call against an LaMetric device can take the following, additional, optional parameters:
An icon or animation. List of all icons available at https://developer.lametric.com/icons.
Defines how long the notification will be displayed. Set to
0 to require manual dismissal.
Defines the priority of the notification. Allowed values are
Defines the nature of notification. Allowed values are
Defines the sound of the notification. Allowed are listed below.
To add a notification sound, icon, cycles, or priority override,
- alias: "Send notification on arrival at school" trigger: platform: state entity_id: device_tracker.tom_mobile from: "not_home" to: "school" action: service: notify.my_lametric data: message: "Tom has arrived at school!" data: sound: "notification" icon: "51" cycles: 0 priority: "critical" icon_type: "info"
The following notification sounds can be used with the
sound parameter on
notify service calls:
If you prefer not to use the Home Assistant account linking service, you can set up the LaMetric application manually.
However, please note! At this point, it is easier to choose the “Enter manually” option during the integration setup; this also avoids the use of the account linking service and doesn’t need all the steps below either.
If you still want to set up your own LaMetric application for importing your LaMetric devices, use the following steps:
- Log in with your LaMetric device account to developer.lametric.com.
- Click the Create button and choose Notification app.
- Fill in the form. You can put almost anything in the fields, they just need to be populated:
- App Name: Home Assistant
- Description: Home Assistant
- Redirect URI:
- Check the “basic” and “read_devices” permission boxes
- Click Save
- You should be directed to your Notification Apps list, click on “Home Assistant”, copy your client ID and Client Secret.
You may then add the credentials to Application Credentials and then setup the integration.
If you don’t have My Home Assistant on your installation,
you can use
<HOME_ASSISTANT_URL>/auth/external/callback as the redirect URI
<HOME_ASSISTANT_URL> must be the same as used during the configuration/