daikin integration integrates Daikin air conditioning systems into Home Assistant.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- The European versions of the Wifi Controller Unit (BRP069A41, 42, 43, 45), which is powered by the Daikin Online Controller application. The new version of WiFi Controller Unit BRP069Bxx is also confirmed to work, tested and working devices are the BRP069B41 and BRP069B45.
- The Australian version of the Daikin Wifi Controller Unit BRP072A42, which is operated by the Daikin Mobile Controller (Android version) application. Confirmed working on a Daikin Cora Series Reverse Cycle Split System Air Conditioner 2.5kW Cooling FTXM25QVMA with operation mode, temp, fan swing (3d, horizontal, vertical).
- BRP072Cxx based units (including Zena devices)*.
- The Australian version of the Daikin Wifi Controller for AirBase units (BRP15B61), which is operated by the Daikin Airbase application.
- SKYFi based units, which is operated by the SKYFi application*.
- The integration for BRP072Cxx and SKYFi based units need API-key / password respectively. The API-key/password can be found on a sticker under the front cover. The other models are auto detected and the API-key and password field must be left empty.
The Daikin integration can be configured via the Home Assistant user interface where it will let you enter the IP-address of your Daikin AC (SKYFi based devices need to provide a password and BRP072Cxx devices need to provide a key).
If your Daikin unit does not reside in the same network as your Home Assistant instance, i.e. your network is segmented, note that a couple of UDP connections are made during discovery:
- From Home Assistant to the Daikin controller:
- From the Daikin controller to Home Assistant:
If this situation applies to you, you may need to adjust your firewall(s) accordingly.
daikin climate platform integrates Daikin air conditioning systems into Home Assistant, enabling control of setting the following parameters:
- target temperature
- turn on/off
- fan mode (speed)
- swing mode
- set_preset_mode (away, none)
Current inside temperature is displayed.
Some models do not support setting of fan speed or swing mode.
Preset mode away translates to Daikin’s “Holiday Mode”:
“Holiday mode” is used when you want to turn off your units when you leave you home for a longer time.
When “Holiday mode” is enabled, the following action take place:
- All connected units are turned OFF.
- All schedule timers are disabled.
daikin sensor platform integrates Daikin air conditioning systems into Home Assistant, enabling displaying the following parameters:
- Inside temperature
- Outside temperature
- Inside humidity
- Total instant power consumption
- Hourly energy consumption in cool mode
- Hourly energy consumption in heat mode
- Some models only report outside temperature when they are turned on.
- Some models does not have humidity sensor.
- Some models does not report the power/energy consumption.
AirBase and SKYFi units exposes zones (typically rooms) that can be switched on/off individually.
Zones with the name
- will be ignored, just as the AirBase application is working.