clickatell platform uses Clickatell to deliver SMS notifications from Home Assistant.
Go to your Clickatell SMS Platform Portal section and create a new SMS integration. There are three screens of information required to create an integration. Please ensure the following:
- Give the new Integration an identification name.
- Ensure it is set for ‘production’ use.
- Select ‘HTTP’ as your API type.
- Ensure that the you select for the messaging type to be ‘one way messaging’.
- Be aware of the international number format option as this impacts the structure of the phone numbers you provide.
- Once you have completed entering your details an API key is generated. Copy the API key.
To add Clickatell to your installation, add the following to your Home Assistant
# Example configuration.yaml entry
- platform: clickatell
Setting the optional parameter name allows multiple notifiers to be created. The notifier will bind to the service notify.NOTIFIER_NAME.
To use notifications, please see the getting started with automation page.