Ambient Weather Station integration retrieves local weather information
via personal weather stations from Ambient Weather.
Using this integration requires both an Application Key and an API Key. To generate both, simply utilize the profile section of your Ambient Weather dashboard.
To add your Ambient Weather PWS to your Home Assistant installation, add the
following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry ambient_station: api_key: YOUR_API_KEY app_key: YOUR_APPLICATION_KEY
Adding Ambient Weather Station to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Configuration.
- From the configuration menu select: Integrations.
- In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
- From the list, search and select “Ambient Weather Station”.
- Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.
This integration communicates with Ambient Weather PWS units via the Ambient Weather
Cloud. Users wishing to explore a local option are encouraged to explore the
Ecowitt GW1000, a small device that is
able to read RF signals directly from the PWS and transmit them to a variety of
other applications, including
(which supports MQTT Discovery).