Adding Ecowitt to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
In the sidebar, select Settings.
From the configuration menu, select Devices & Services.
In the bottom right, select the Add Integration button.
From the list, search and select Ecowitt.
Follow the instructions on screen to complete the setup.
Ecowitt Weather Station configuration
The following steps must be performed to set up this integration. For security reason, use the token path that you get from the Home Assistant config flow.
- Use the Ecowitt App (on your phone) or access the Ecowitt WebUI in a browser at the station IP address.
- Pick your station -> Menu Others -> DIY Upload Servers.
- Hit next and select ‘Customized’
- Pick the protocol Ecowitt, and put in the ip/hostname of your Home Assistant server.
- Path has to match! If using the Ecowitt App, remove the first forward slash from the API token, as the app will prepend one.
- Save configuration.
Ecowitt doesn’t support TLS/SSL, you can use the NGINX TLS Proxy Add-on to support HTTPS and HTTP at the same time.