ZigBee Home Automation integration for Home Assistant allows you to connect many off-the-shelf ZigBee devices to Home Assistant, using a compatible ZigBee radio.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
Known working ZigBee radios:
- Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adapter - Model HUSBZB-1
- XBee Series 2C
- Elelabs ZigBee USB Adapter
- Elelabs ZigBee Raspberry Pi Shield
To configure the component, a
zha section must be present in the
and the path to the serial device for the radio and path to the database which will persist your network data is required.
# Example configuration.yaml entry zha: usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB2 database_path: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/zigbee.db
radio_type (Optional): One of
- usb_path (Required): Path to the serial device for the radio.
- baudrate (Optional): Baud rate of the serial device.
- database_path (Required): Full path to the database which will keep persistent network data.
To add new devices to the network, call the
permit service on the
zha domain, and then follow the device instructions for doing a scan or factory reset. In case you want to add Philips Hue bulbs that have previously been added to another bridge, have a look at: https://github.com/vanviegen/hue-thief/