wunderground platform uses Weather Underground as a source for current weather information.
To add Wunderground to your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: wunderground api_key: your_api_key monitored_conditions: - alerts - dewpoint_c
- api_key (Required): The API key for Weather Underground. See above for details.
pws_id (Optional): You can enter a Personal Weather Station ID. The current list of Wunderground PWS stations is available here. If you do not enter a PWS ID, the current location information (latitude and longitude) from your
configuration.yamlwill be used to display weather conditions.
- lang (Optional): Specify the language that the API returns. The current list of all Wunderground language codes is available here. If not specified, it defaults to English (EN).
latitude (Optional): Latitude coordinate to monitor weather of (required if longitude is specified). Defaults to coordinates defined in your
longitude (Optional): Longitude coordinate to monitor weather of (required if latitude is specified). Defaults to coordinates defined in your
monitored_conditions array (Required): Conditions to display in the frontend. The following conditions can be monitored.
- alerts: Current severe weather advisories
- dewpoint_c: Temperature in Celsius below which water droplets begin to condense and dew can form
- dewpoint_f: Temperature in Fahrenheit below which water droplets begin to condense and dew can form
- dewpoint_string: Text summary of dew point
- feelslike_c: Feels like (or apparent) temperature in Celsius
- feelslike_f: Feels like (or apparent) temperature in Fahrenheit
- feelslike_string: Text summary of how the current temperature feels like
- heat_index_c: Heat index (combined effects of the temperature and humidity of the air) in Celsius
- heat_index_f: Heat index (combined effects of the temperature and humidity of the air) in Fahrenheit
- heat_index_string: Text summary of current heat index
- elevation: Elevation in feet
- location: City and State
- observation_time: Text summary of observation time
- precip_today_in: Total precipitation in inches
- precip_today_metric: Total precipitation in metric units
- precip_today_string: Text summary of precipitation today
- precip_1d_mm [1d]: Forecasted precipitation intensity in millimeters
- precip_1d_in [1d]: Forecasted precipitation intensity in inches
- precip_1d [1d]: Forecasted precipitation probability in %
- pressure_in: Atmospheric air pressure in inches
- pressure_mb: Atmospheric air pressure in millibars
- pressure_trend: Atmospheric air pressure trend signal (+/-)
- relative_humidity: Relative humidity
- station_id: Your personal weather station (PWS) ID
- solarradiation: Current levels of solar radiation
- temperature_string: Temperature text combining Fahrenheit and Celsius
- temp_c: Current temperature in Celsius
- temp_f: Current temperature in Fahrenheit
- temp_high_record_c: Maximum temperature measured in Celsius
- temp_high_record_f: Maximum temperature measured in Fahrenheit
- temp_low_record_c: Minimal temperature measured in Celsius
- temp_low_record_f: Minimal temperature measured in Fahrenheit
- temp_high_avg_c: Average high for today in Celsius
- temp_high_avg_f: Average high for today in Fahrenheit
- temp_low_avg_c: Average low for today in Celsius
- temp_low_avg_f: Average low for today in Fahrenheit
- temp_high_1d_c [1d]: Forecasted high temperature in Celsius
- temp_high_1d_f [1d]: Forecasted high temperature in Fahrenheit
- temp_low_1d_c [1d]: Forecasted low temperature in Celsius
- temp_low_1d_f [1d]: Forecasted low temperature in Fahrenheit
- UV: Current levels of UV radiation. See here for explanation.
- visibility_km: Average visibility in km
- visibility_mi: Average visibility in miles
- weather: A human-readable text summary with picture from Wunderground.
- weather_1d [12h]: A human-readable weather forecast using imperial units.
- weather_1d_metric [12h]: A human-readable weather forecast using metric units.
- weather_1h [1h]: Weather conditions in 1 hour. (e.g., “Thunderstorm” etc.)
- wind_degrees: Wind degrees
- wind_dir: Wind direction
- wind_gust_kph: Wind gusts speed in kph
- wind_gust_mph: Wind gusts speed in mph
- wind_gust_1d_kph [1d]: Max. forecasted Wind in kph
- wind_gust_1d_mph [1d]: Max. forecasted Wind in mph
- wind_kph: Current wind speed in kph
- wind_mph: Current wind speed in mph
- wind_1d_kph [1d]: Forecasted wind speed in kph
- wind_1d_mph [1d]: Forecasted wind speed in mph
- wind_string: Text summary of current wind conditions
All the conditions listed above will be updated every 5 minutes.
12 hour forecasts
Monitored conditions marked above with [12h] are 12 hour forecasts. To get a forecast for different period/daytime replace the
_1d_ part of the sensor name. e.g.,
weather_2n will give you forecast for tomorrow night. Valid values for day are
4 and valid values for daytime are
Conditions above marked with [1d] are daily forecasts. To get forecast for different day, replace the number
_1d_ part of the sensor name. Valid values are from
Conditions marked with [1h] are hourly forecasts. To get forecast for different hour, replace the number
_1h_ part of the sensor name with
weather_24h will give you weather in 24 hours.
sensor: - platform: wunderground api_key: your_api_key monitored_conditions: - weather_1d_metric - weather_1n_metric - weather_2d_metric - weather_2n_metric - weather_3d_metric - weather_3n_metric - weather_4d_metric - weather_4n_metric group: daily_forecast: name: Daily Forecast entities: - sensor.pws_weather_1d_metric - sensor.pws_weather_1n_metric - sensor.pws_weather_2d_metric - sensor.pws_weather_2n_metric - sensor.pws_weather_3d_metric - sensor.pws_weather_3n_metric - sensor.pws_weather_4d_metric - sensor.pws_weather_4n_metric
sensor: - platform: wunderground api_key: your_api_key monitored_conditions: - temp_high_record_c - temp_high_1d_c - temp_c - temp_low_1d_c - temp_low_record_c - precip_1d - precip_1d_mm - wind_kph - wind_1d_kph - alerts group: weather_overview: name: Weather overview entities: - sensor.pws_weather_1d_metric - sensor.pws_temp_high_record_c - sensor.pws_temp_high_1d_c - sensor.pws_temp_c - sensor.pws_temp_low_1d_c - sensor.pws_temp_low_record_c - sensor.pws_precip_1d - sensor.pws_precip_1d_mm - sensor.pws_wind_kph - sensor.pws_wind_1d_kph - sensor.pws_alerts
Note: While the platform is called “wunderground” the sensors will show up in Home Assistant as “PWS” (eg: sensor.pws_weather).
Additional details about the API are available here.