mvglive sensor will give you the departure time of the next bus, tram, subway, or train at the next station or stop in the Munich public transport network. Additional details such as the line number and destination are present in the attributes.
To enable this sensor, add the following lines to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: mvglive nextdeparture: - station: STATION_OR_STOP_NAME
- station (Required): Name of the stop or station. Visit the MVG live web site to find valid names.
- destinations (Optional): One or multiple final stop names, e.g., ‘Feldmoching’ or [‘Feldmoching’,’Harthof’]. This can be used to only consider a particular direction of travel
- directions (Optional): Filter by direction of the departure. For Tram, Bus, SEV, and S-Bahn, direction = direction. For U-Bahn trains, directions are more general. For U1, U2, U3 and U6, direction=’1’ indicates south-bound trains, direction=’2’ indicates northbound trains. For U4 and U5, direction=’1’ indicates east-bound trains, direction=’2’ indicates west-bound trains. For example, setting directions: ‘1’ can be used to get all south-bound trains at Scheidplatz.
- lines (Optional): One or more line numbers, e.g., ‘U2’ or [‘U2’,’U8’,’N41’]
- products (Optional): One or more modes of transport, defaults to all 4 modes [‘U-Bahn’, ‘Tram’, ‘Bus’, ‘S-Bahn’].
- timeoffset (Optional): Do not display departures leaving sooner than this number of minutes (defaults to 0). Useful if you are a couple of minutes away from the stop.
- name (Optional): You can customize the name of the sensor, which defaults to the station name.
The example below shows a full configuration with three sensors that showcase the various configuration options.
# Example configuration.yaml entry sensor: - platform: mvglive nextdeparture: - station: Hauptbahnhof name: Hbf destinations: ['München Flughafen Terminal','Markt Schwaben'] products: 'S-Bahn' timeoffset: 2 - station: Sendlinger Tor lines: ['U2','U8'] - station: Scheidplatz products: ['U-Bahn'] directions: '1'
The first sensor will return S-Bahn departures to Munich Airport or Markt Schwaben that are at least 2 minutes away. The second sensor returns U2 and U8 departures from Sendlinger Tor while the third sensor returns all south-bound U-Bahn trains from Scheidplatz.