The default InfluxDB configuration doesn’t enforce authentication. If you have installed InfluxDB on the same host where Home Assistant is running and haven’t made any configuration changes, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry influxdb:
You will still need to create a database named
home_assistant via InfluxDB’s command line interface. For instructions on how to create a database check the InfluxDB documentation relevant to the version you have installed.
host (Optional): IP address of your database host, e.g., 192.168.1.10. Defaults to
- port (Optional): Port to use. Defaults to 8086.
- username (Optional): The username of the database user. The user needs read/write privileges on the database.
- password (Optional): The password for the database user account.
database (Optional): Name of the database to use. Defaults to
home_assistant. The database must already exist.
- ssl (Optional): Use https instead of http to connect. Defaults to false.
- verify_ssl (Optional): Verify SSL certificate for https request. Defaults to false.
- max_retries (Optional): Allow the component to retry if there was a network error when transmitting data
- default_measurement (Optional): Measurement name to use when an entity doesn’t have a unit. Defaults to entity id.
- override_measurement (Optional): Measurement name to use instead of unit or default measurement. This will store all data points in a single measurement.
component_config, component_config_domain, component_config_glob (Optional): These attributes contains component-specific override values. See Customizing devices and services for format.
- override_measurement (Optional): Measurement name to use for this component, takes precedence over the global ‘override_measurement’ and component-specific ‘unit_of_measurement’ attribute.
exclude (Optional): Configure which components should be excluded from recording to InfluxDB.
- entities (Optional): The list of entity ids to be excluded from recording to InfluxDB.
- domains (Optional): The list of domains to be excluded from recording to InfluxDB.
include (Optional): Configure which components should be included in recordings to InfluxDB. If set, all other entities will not be recorded to InfluxDB. Values set by the blacklist option will prevail.
- entities (Optional): The list of entity ids to be included from recordings to InfluxDB.
- domains (Optional): The list of domains to be included from recordings to InfluxDB.
- tags (Optional): Tags to mark the data.
tags_attributes (Optional): The list of attribute names which should be reported as tags and not fields to InfluxDB. For example, if set to
friendly_name, it will be possible to group by entities’ friendly names as well, in addition to their ids.
influxdb: host: 192.168.1.190 port: 20000 database: DB_TO_STORE_EVENTS username: MY_USERNAME password: MY_PASSWORD ssl: true verify_ssl: true max_retries: 3 default_measurement: state exclude: entities: - entity.id1 - entity.id2 domains: - automation include: entities: - entity.id3 - entity.id4 tags: instance: prod source: hass