The Apple WeatherKit integrationIntegrations connect and integrate Home Assistant with your devices, services, and more.
[Learn more] obtains current weather and forecasts (hourly and daily) from Apple Weather. It is the most direct replacement for those coming from the Dark Sky API since Apple bought Dark Sky and implemented its technology into their weather service.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
To add the Apple WeatherKit integration to your Home Assistant instance, use this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
You will need to obtain the appropriate credentials which you will use to connect to Apple WeatherKit. We need to register a few things in your Apple Developer account:
- Go to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in your Apple Developer account.
- In the Keys section, add a new key.
- Name it whatever you want.
- Select “WeatherKit” from the list.
- Download the
.p8file provided. This is your Private Key.
- Write down the Key ID. You will need it later.
- In the Identifiers section, add a new identifier.
- Select “Services IDs” from the drop-down in the top-right.
- Enter whatever you’d like for the description.
- For the identifier, Apple recommends using a reverse-DNS style name, like
- Save the identifier you used. This is your Service ID.
You can add a new WeatherKit integrationIntegrations connect and integrate Home Assistant with your devices, services, and more.
[Learn more] entry now that you have all the credentials. Using the details from earlier, it should look something like this:
Apple team ID:
- This value can be found in the top-right of the Apple Developer website.
-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- [...]
- Open the
.p8file you downloaded earlier in a text editor and copy the entire contents into this field, including the header and footer.
- Open the
If you are having issues setting up the integrationIntegrations connect and integrate Home Assistant with your devices, services, and more.
[Learn more], please make sure the following are true:
- You are entering the key exactly as it appears in the
.p8file, including the header and footer.
- There are no leading or trailing spaces in other configuration values.