watson_tts text-to-speech platform that works with IBM Watson Cloud to create the spoken output.
Watson is a paid service via IBM Cloud but there is a decent free tier which offers 10000 free characters every month.
For supported formats and voices please go to IBM Cloud About section.
To get started please read the Getting started tutorial.
To configure Watson TTS, add the following lines to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry tts: - platform: watson_tts watson_apikey: YOUR_GENERATED_APIKEY
You can get these tokens after you generated the credentials on the IBM Cloud console:
The endpoint to which the service will connect.
Say to all
media_player device entities:
- service: tts.watson_tts_say data: message: "Hello from Watson"
- service: tts.watson_tts_say data: message: > <speak> Hello from Watson </speak>
Say to the
media_player.living_room device entity:
- service: tts.watson_tts_say target: entity_id: media_player.living_room data: message: > <speak> Hello from Watson </speak>
Say with break:
- service: tts.watson_tts_say data: message: > <speak> Hello from <break time=".9s" /> Watson </speak>
Optionally, specify a voice for the message:
- service: tts.watson_tts_say data: message: "Hello from Watson" options: voice: en-US_EmilyV3Voice