venstar climate platform allows you to control Venstar thermostats from Home Assistant.
Venstar thermostats feature a local API that allows for automation without the need for their Skyport cloud service.
Currently supported and tested thermostats:
- ColorTouch T7900
- ColorTouch T7850 (No Humidity control)
- Explorer Mini T2000
- Explorer IAQ T3950
Currently supported functionality:
- Setting heat/cool temperature when the thermostat is in the appropriate mode.
- Changing the operation mode of the thermostat (heat/cool/off/auto)
- Turning the fan on/off
- Reading and setting the humidity level and limits (T7900 only)
- Turning on away preset
- Turning on hold mode preset
- Remote temperature sensors
- Thermostat alerts (Filter replacement/etc)
- Reading IAQ and CO2 levels (on supported devices, e.g. T3950, only)
The following values are supported for the preset_mode state attribute:
none: Enables the scheduling functionality.
temperature: Disables the schedule and holds the set temperature indefinitely.
away: Places the thermostat in away mode
Note - Please ensure that you update your thermostat to the latest firmware. Initially tested on firmware 5.10 and currently VH6.79.
Local API mode needs to be enabled via the thermostat’s Menu > WiFi > Local API Options > Local API - ON
Adding Venstar to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually: