The Tuya integration allows integrating all Powered by Tuya devices you have added to the Tuya Smart and Tuya Smart Life apps. This integration is officially maintained by Tuya.
- Climate: air conditioner, heater, thermostat.
- Fan: fan, air purifier, humidifier, dehumidifier.
- Light: light, light strip, ambient light, light string, humidifier’s light, ceiling light.
- Scene: smart scene.
- Switch: switch, socket, power strip, smart kettle, breaker, pet water feeder, air purifier, diffuser.
- Your devices need to first be added in the Tuya Smart or Smart Life app.
- You will also need to create an account in the Tuya IoT Platform. This is a separate account to the one you made for the app. You cannot log in with your app’s credentials.
- Log in to the Tuya IoT Platform.
- In the left navigation bar, click
Development. If this is your first time setting up an account you will be asked to subscribe to a Cloud Development Plan. You can select and “purchase” the Trial Edition (it’s free).
- On the page that appears, click
Create Cloud Project.
- In the
Create Projectdialog box, configure
Data Center. For the
Development Methodfield, select
Smart Homefrom the dropdown list. For the
Data Centerfield, select the zone you are located in.
Createto continue with project configuration.
- In Configuration Wizard, make sure you add
Device Status NotificationAPI. The list of API should look like this:
- Navigate to the
Link Tuya App Account>
Add App Account.
- Scan the QR code that appears using the
Tuya Smartapp or
Confirmin the app.
- To confirm that everything worked, navigate to the
All Devicestab. Here you should be able to find the devices from the app.
- If zero devices are imported, try changing the DataCenter.
Click the created project to enter the
Project Overview page and get the
Authorization Key. You will need these for setting up the integration. in the next step.
Adding Tuya to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
Incorrect Access ID or Access Secret. Please refer to Tuya credential table.
- App account not linked with cloud project: On the Tuya IoT Platform, you have linked devices by using Tuya Smart or Smart Life app in your cloud project. For more information, see Link devices by app account.
- Incorrect username or password: Enter the correct account and password of the Tuya Smart or Smart Life app in the Account and Password fields. Note that the app account depends on which app (Tuya Smart or Smart Life) you used to link devices on the Tuya IoT Platform.
- Incorrect availability zone: See Availability Zone and select the correct availability zone.
Empty parameter of username or app. Fill the parameters refer to Tuya credential table.