Tesla integration offers integration with the Tesla cloud service and provides presence detection as well as sensors such as charger state and temperature.
This integration provides the following platforms:
- Binary sensors - such as update available, parking, and charger connection.
- Sensors - such as Battery level, Inside/Outside temperature, odometer, estimated range, and charging rate.
- Device tracker - to track location of your car
- Lock - Door lock, rear trunk lock, front trunk (frunk) lock and charger door lock. Enables you to control Tesla’s door, trunks and charger door lock
- Climate - HVAC control. Allow you to control (turn on/off, set target temperature) your Tesla’s HVAC system. Also enables preset modes to enable or disable max defrost mode
- Switch - Charger and max range switch to allow you to start/stop charging and set max range charging. Update switch to allow you to disable polling of vehicles to conserve battery. Sentry mode switch to enable or disable Sentry mode.
Adding Tesla to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Configuration.
- From the configuration menu select: Integrations.
Tesla can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown in the top of the list of integrations as “Discovered”. If that is the case click on the Configure button to start setting up the discovered instance.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
- In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
- From the list, search and select “Tesla”.
- Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.
After completing, the Tesla integration will be immediately available for use.
Tesla options are set via Configuration -> Integrations -> Tesla -> Options.
- Wake cars on start - Whether to wake sleeping cars on Home Assistant startup. This allows a user to choose whether cars should continue to sleep (and not update information) or to wake up the cars potentially interrupting long term hibernation and increasing vampire drain.
Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page.