The Samsung SyncThru Printer platform allows you to read current data from your local Samsung printer.
It usually provides information about the device’s state, the left amount of ink or toner and the state of paper trays.
The following information is displayed in separate sensors, if it is available:
- Whether the printer is online
- Whether the printer is in an error state
- Black, cyan, magenta and yellow toner fill level
- Black, cyan, magenta and yellow drum state
- First to fifth paper input tray state
- First to sixth paper output tray state
Adding Samsung SyncThru Printer to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
Samsung SyncThru Printer can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown as “Discovered”, which you can select to set it up right away.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Configuration.
- From the configuration menu select: Integrations.
- In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
- From the list, search and select “Samsung SyncThru Printer”.
- Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.