The Spotify media player integration allows you to control Spotify playback from Home Assistant.
- Spotify account
- Spotify application configured for Home Assistant (see below)
- Login to Spotify Developer via Dashboard.
- Visit the My Applications page.
- Select Create An App. Enter any name and description.
- Once your application is created, view it and copy your Client ID and Client Secret, which are used in the Home Assistant configuration file below.
- Enter the Edit Settings dialog of your newly-created application and add a Redirect URI:
- If you are not using SSL:
- If you are using SSL:
- If you are not using SSL:
- Click Save after adding the URI.
To add Spotify to Home Assistant, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry spotify: client_id: YOUR_CLIENT_ID client_secret: YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET
Restart your Home Assistant instance before continuing with the next step.
- Access Home Assistant using the URL that you used in the Redirect URI step above
- Go to the Configuration page in the Home Assistant frontend.
- Click on Integrations.
- Click the Add Integration button in the bottom-right.
- Select “Spotify”.
- Once the new Spotify tab opens, enter your Spotify credentials and allow Home Assistant to access your Spotify account.
If you receive an
INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI error while trying to
authenticate with your Spotify account, check the Redirect URI in
the address bar after adding the new integration. Compare this value with the
Redirect URI defined in the Spotify Developer Portal.
This integration supports multiple Spotify accounts at once. You don’t need to
create another Spotify application in the Spotify Developer Portal and no
modification to the
configuration.yaml file is needed. Multiple Spotify
accounts can be linked to a single Spotify application.
To add an additional Spotify account to Home Assistant, go to the Spotify website and log out, then repeat only the steps in the Activating the Spotify integration section.
You can send playlists to Spotify using the
"media_content_type": "playlist", which is part of the
media_player.play_media service, for example:
# Example script to play playlist script: play_jazz_guitar: sequence: - service: media_player.play_media data: entity_id: media_player.spotify media_content_id: 'https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5xddIVAtLrZKtt4YGLM1SQ?si=YcvRqaKNTxOi043Qn4LYkg' media_content_type: playlist
media_content_id value can be obtained from the Spotify desktop app by clicking on the more options (”…”) next to the album art picture, selecting “Share” and then “Copy Spotify URI” or “Copy Playlist Link” (also available in the Spotify phone and web app).
- Sonos: Although Sonos is a Spotify Connect device, it is not supported by the official Spotify API.