songpal platform allows you to control Sony’s Songpal (”Audio Control API”) compatible devices such as soundbars, AV receivers and wireless speakers from Home Assistant.
Even when the API officially supports only a few devices (HT-ST5000, HT-MT500, HT-CT800, SRS-ZR5 and STR-DN1080), it has also been confirmed to work on others. The list of supported devices from Sony’s Songpal website lists devices which are likely to be compatible with this platform.
If the platform works with your non-listed device, or you encounter bugs, please feel free to report them upstream.
A few notes:
- The quick start-up mode has to be enabled in order to turn the device on.
- Supports currently only one output terminal, i.e., the volume control works only on the first volume controller as reported by the backend library.
- Some devices, e.g., HT-XT3, do not support decreasing the volume step-by-step correctly.
- Feel free to improve the available services!
Adding Sony Songpal to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Configuration.
- From the configuration menu select: Integrations.
Sony Songpal can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown in the top of the list of integrations as “Discovered”. If that is the case click on the Configure button to start setting up the discovered instance.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
- In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
- From the list, search and select “Sony Songpal”.
- Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.
After completing, the Sony Songpal integration will be immediately available for use.
See python-songpal’s documentation how to get your API endpoint.
In addition to the general media player services, the following services are provided:
For a list of available settings and their values use
songpal sound command.
|Service data attribute||Optional||Description|
||yes||Target entity. To target all songpal devices, use
||no||Configuration variable, e.g.,
||no||New configuration value, e.g.,
Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page.