The free Sentry account allows 5000 events per month. Depending on the amount of events sent to Sentry you will either have to upgrade your Sentry account or have a period without data flowing from Home Assistant to Sentry.
sentry integration integrates with Sentry to capture both logged errors as well as unhandled exceptions in Home Assistant.
Before configuring the Sentry integration, you’ll need to get Sentry account and a DSN.
Follow these steps to get the DSN:
- Go to Projects.
- Click Create project.
- Fill out Give your project a name and choose Assign a Team fields and click Create project button.
- Click Get your DSN link in top of the page.
- Your DSN is now visible and looks like https://[email protected]/sdsdfsdf
Adding Sentry to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
The Sentry integration provides settings to:
- Set an environment name for your instance.
- Limit the event log level to trigger on, and the log level of the breadcrumbs.
- Ability to send out error events that are handled.
- Ability to send out events caused by custom integrations (custom components).
- Ability to send out events originating from third-party Python packages.
- Enable performance tracing and tune the tracing sample rate used.
To change the settings go in Settings -> Devices & Services, find the already installed Sentry box and click on Options.
After changing Sentry settings, you’ll need to restart Home Assistant in order to make them effective.