Integrate your Sense meter information into Home Assistant.
There is currently support for the following device types within Home Assistant:
- Binary Sensor
Adding Sense to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by taking the following steps:
- Browse to your Home Assistant instance.
- In the sidebar click on Configuration.
- From the configuration menu select: Integrations.
Sense can be auto-discovered by Home Assistant. If an instance was found, it will be shown in the top of the list of integrations as “Discovered”. If that is the case click on the Configure button to start setting up the discovered instance.
If there wasn’t any discovered automatically, don’t worry! You can set up a manual integration entry:
- In the bottom right, click on the Add Integration button.
- From the list, search and select “Sense”.
- Follow the instruction on screen to complete the set up.
After completing, the Sense integration will be immediately available for use.
Sensors are added for both usage and production with the following names:
- Active Usage/Production: Current active power usage/production in Watts. Updated every 60 seconds.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Usage/Production: Daily/Weekly/Monthly power usage/production in kWh. Updated every 5 minutes.
Binary sensors are created for each of the devices detected by your Sense monitor to show their power state.
Sensors are created for each of the devices detected by your Sense monitor to show their power usage in Watts.
The Emulated Kasa integration can be used to expose devices in Home Assistant to the Sense Monitor by emulating TP-Link Kasa Smart Plugs.
Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page.