Integrates Nobø Ecohub into Home Assistant. This integration is not officially supported or endorsed by Glen Dimplex Nordic AS, and the authors/maintainers are not official partners of Glen Dimplex Nordic AS.
To configure the integration, you need the 3 last digits of the serial number of your hub. The serial number is located on the back of the hub. If the hub is on a different network than Home Assistant (i.e., IoT VLAN or another routable network from Home Assistant), you also need to provide the IP address of the hub.
To add the Nobø Ecohub integration to your Home Assistant instance, use this My button:
If the above My button doesn’t work, you can also perform the following steps manually:
Each zone containing floor or wall mounted heaters is represented as an HVAC entity. Adding and removing zones and heaters must be done using the Nobø Energy mobile app.
Currently, you can see and change operation and preset for zones and set eco/comfort temperatures if you have a thermostat that supports remote control of the temperature settings.
The possible operation modes are as follows:
- “Auto” - In this mode, the zone is in the default setting and preset shows which state the zone is in right now (according to calendar setup).
- “Heat” - In this mode the zone is overridden and in the state selected by the preset (“Away”, “Eco” or “Comfort”).
This can be utilized the following ways:
- Changing preset to “Away”, “Eco”, or “Comfort” will automatically change operation mode to “Heat”.
- Changing preset to none will automatically change operation to “Auto” and update preset.
- Changing operation to “Auto” will automatically update preset.
- Changing operation to “Heat” will set preset to “Comfort”.
By default, all overrides (when operation is not in “Auto” mode) are constant. It is possible to change this to let overrides end when the week profile changes next (same as duration “Now” in the Nobø Energy mobile app) in the integration configuration.
The week profiles are retrieved from the hub. It is possible to change the current week profile for a zone using a selector. Week profiles must be created and edited using the Nobø Energy mobile app.
Nobø heaters do not support preset “Off”. This is not a limitation of the integration, but a safety mechanism in the Nobø system (perhaps related to frozen pipes due to frost in Nordic regions). “Away” temperature is fixed to 7°C and cannot be altered. On/off receivers will be off when the zone is in “Away” status.
To turn heaters completely off, follow these steps (this is a workaround solution):
- In the Nobø Energy mobile app, create a week profile.
- In this profile, set all days to state off.
- To turn a zone off, select this week profile for the zone.
- To turn a zone on again, switch to the normal week profile for the zone.
For more information, see the Nobø Ecohub manual.
To override all zones to a given preset (except the zones configured to not respect global override), use the global override selector. Global override duration respects the same configuration as preset override duration.
Each Nobø Switch (SW4) is represented as a temperature sensor. If a switch is linked to a zone, the temperature is also available as the current temperature of the HVAC entity.