nissan_leaf integration offers integration with the NissanConnect EV cloud service. NissanConnect EV was previously known as Nissan Carwings. It offers:
- sensors for the battery status, range and charging status
- a switch to start and stop the climate control
- services to request updates from the car and to request the car starts charging.
To use Nissan Leaf in your installation, add the following to your
# Example configuration.yaml entry nissan_leaf: username: "YOUR_USERNAME" password: "YOUR_PASSWORD" region: "YOUR_REGION"
The username associated with your NissanConnect EV account. Enclose in quotes.
The region where the NissanConnect EV account is registered. Should be one of the following, NE (for Europe), NNA (USA), NCI (Canada), NMA (Australia), NML (Japan).
The interval between updates if the climate control is off and the car is not charging. Set in any time unit (e.g., minutes, hours, days!).
The interval in minutes between updates if charging.
A more advanced example for setting the update interval:
# Example configuration.yaml entry nissan_leaf: username: "YOUR_USERNAME" password: "YOUR_PASSWORD" region: "YOUR_REGION" update_interval: hours: 1 update_interval_charging: minutes: 15 update_interval_climate: minutes: 5 force_miles: true
You can use the
nissan_leaf.start_charge service to send a request to the Nissan servers to start a charge. The car must be plugged in! The service requires you to provide the vehicle identification number (VIN) as a parameter. You can see the VIN on the attributes of all the entities created by this component.
- service: nissan_leaf.start_charge data: vin: "1HGBH41JXMN109186" # replace
You can also use the
nissan_leaf.update service to request an on-demand update. To update almost exclusively via the service set the
update_interval to a high value in the integration configuration. The service requests the VIN number as described above.
- id: update_when_driver_not_home alias: "Update when driver not home" initial_state: on trigger: - platform: time_pattern minutes: "/30" condition: - condition: state entity_id: device_tracker.drivername # replace state: "not_home" action: - service: nissan_leaf.update data: vin: "1HGBH41JXMN109186" # replace
- The update interval has a minimum of two minutes.
- Requesting updates uses a small amount of power from the 12 V battery. The 12 V battery charges from the main traction battery when the car is not plugged in. If the car is left plugged in for a long time, or if the main traction battery is very low then the 12 V battery may gradually discharge. A low update interval may cause the 12 V battery to become flat. When the 12 V battery is flat the car will not start. Do not set the update interval too low. Use at your own risk.
- This integration communicates with the Nissan Servers which then communicate with the car. The communication between the car and the Nissan Servers is very slow, and takes up to five minutes to get information from the car, therefore the default polling interval is set to one hour to not overwhelm the connection.
- Responses from the Nissan servers are received separately for the battery/range, climate control and location. The
updated_onattribute will show the last time the data was retrieved from the server. There are separate attributes for when the
next_updateis scheduled, and to indicate if
nissan_leaf.updateservice will reset the
- The Nissan APIs do not allow charging to be stopped remotely.
- The Nissan servers have a history of being unstable, therefore please confirm that the official Nissan Leaf app/website is working correctly before reporting bugs.
- In the UK the cut-off for Carwings was the 16 plate 24 kWh and the 65 plate 30 kWh. Cars after this have NissanConnect.
- As of 25 July 2019 the MyCarFinder API is not longer available, hence the device_tracker support has been removed.
Please report bugs using the following logger configuration.
logger: default: critical logs: homeassistant.components.nissan_leaf: debug homeassistant.components.sensor.nissan_leaf: debug homeassistant.components.switch.nissan_leaf: debug
Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page.